1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Luxor – How early can we be and not get hit with early check-in fee?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by WifeOfTexan, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WifeOfTexan

WifeOfTexan Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know we've checked in once around 2 and we weren't charged the dreaded early check-in fee at Luxor, but I was wondering if anybody has had luck with being there any earlier than that without paying the fee.

Thanks!

2. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not specific to Luxor: What I do is check to see if they've got any rooms ready early. Many times, hotels do during the week. If not, wifey and I simply leave our luggage with the bell staff and head out for some fun until check in time. Some hotels will call you when your room is ready.

Bill

3. Motorcat

Motorcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have stayed 2x at Luxor (its been a few years) and they wanted an early check in fee both times and we asked for a late check out on one visit - yes they wanted a fee. 20 dollars both times.

Most hotels will usually just waive the fee if your room is ready but Luxor held the line both times - even after politely speaking to a front desk manager with somewhat of a prickish nature. His defense .......... its not fair for me to not charge you when everybody else is being charged. We just paid the 20$ - getting settled in beat waiting for 4 hours and avoiding the crush of people at 3pm check in time.

Make sure you stay in a Tower room ......... the pyramid sucks.

I'll play at the Luxor on occasion but our days of staying there are gone.

4. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had a buddy stay there on our trip in April. He tried to check in at noon and they wanted him to pay for early check-in. He dropped his bag off at the bell hop and then picked it up when his room was ready. Cost him a few bucks for a tip instead of $20.

5. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In April we checked in at 1 pm, no charge and got a noon check out n/c also.

6. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bummer by all these reviews.. we are red eye flighting it both ways to maximize our time out there. 9 am arrival. by 3 pm we might be to the Stratosphere and have to cab it back for our room! that will cost more than the early check in fee!

7. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed at the Luxor numerous times, a few years ago early check ins were never an issue, I'd get there as early as 9 or 10 and they'd give me my room. Now they always hit me up for the $20..... Hell, they'd probably get the $20 anyway at a machine or table or tips, why not take care of a long time guest? Oh, well, it bothers me for about 3 seconds and then I move on and into the room....

Vegas Trip #57
    Vegas Trip #58, Sammy Hagar
  8. mcmann14

mcmann14 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First two visits a few years back I didn't have to pay a fee to check in early (and we got there early, like 9-10 a.m.), but my last time there in the fall they charged me the $20 fee without telling me.

9. phade

phade Keeping tabs on LV while not there...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any changes in enforcement of this policy is probably the result of the manager/supervisor on shift or the GM. Early check-in, if rooms are ready, are likely a high profit ancillary to the actual room revenue. The compensation of the leaders is likely structured in a way that giving away the early check-in probably costs them missed opportunities when it comes to bonus/RSUs/commissions. Thus, I would imagine a heavy hand came down on the front-line employees or they, too, are enticed to seek the early check-in fee. Especially it they tie in tiers, one $20 fee missed could be the difference between a 5% bonus and 6%, or something similar.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.