1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Book now SW has a 2 day sale ends Thursday

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Bernie2, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's time to book the LAS trip on SW as it is having its Anniversary Sale. C'mon lets get booking time is a wasting. Good luck

2. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did book mine today, however, the flights have been the same price from MKE-LAS since the last sale. I should have booked that sale, it was actually a sale.

3. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The prices for both sales of the fare I want to Vegas actually went up -- lmao -- What a sale. I was hoping it would get down to about $180 -- right now it is over $230 -- hopefully it will drop some - will probably get when it is back down to $200 -- most I have ever paid for austin to vegas airfare over the last 4 years.

4. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prices from TUL-LAS are the same as they've always been ($170-$220 each way). Now that Allegiant flies to Vegas from Tulsa, might have to switch over to their sub-$100 flights.

5. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am very leary of Allegiant...as they dont have a good record and very high complaints of non existent customer service. They charge for carry on bag....checked bag....seat, so it really does add up...SW is probably better in the long run.
    Been watching SW flights for a friend for our upcoming trip in Sept....from Nashville...price didnt come down much...for the flight she was watching flight 691 leaving nashville at 6:10 AM, stopping in Denver, continuing on to LAS arriving at 9:55 AM for $230...so I got to messing around and tried several options....ended up getting her the same flight she wanted...but 30 dollars less...by booking 2 1 way tickets....first one BNA-Den leaving Nashville at 6:10 AM...for 83 dollars, and then Den-Las for 109 arriving at 9:55 AM....funny thing is...they are all flight 691.....so it does pay to play around with different options...even when it ends up being the same plane.

6. BurlingtonDoodle

BurlingtonDoodle Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to Vegas in August - and have been watching SW's site daily for sales from Buffalo for the past 2 months - I'm Canadian, but I really do prefer Buffalo's airport. Haven't seen anything less than $258 (each way) - and quite a few "Wanna Get Away" reaching into the $300s now.

7. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sale, my ass. Price for my flights more than I had already booked with last sale.

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me, their sales suck. Prices from Milwaukee to Las rarely change. These days $220ish to LAS and the return sometimes drops to ~$180.

9. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am tempted to try Allegiant out of Austin on Friday -- and see if MGM could add an extra day on my reservation. Even with a checked bag I would probably be saving $100 per ticket x 2 -- but then when I add on the extra night plus an extra night at the kennels -- I am back to pretty much the same -- hopefully they will come down some again.

As far as taking Allegiant - I hear a little voice saying don't do it.

10. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Allegiant is still in a labor battle with pilots and a strike is going to happen at some point (only reason it hasn't to this point is that the courts ordered them back to the negotiating table). Book at your own risk, but be aware that those flights may never happen.

11. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you should listen to that little voice...LOL Just read something yesterday about Allegiant passengers being stranded in vegas going on 3 days now because they keep cancelling flights...and blaming it on weather elsewhere....other airlines are not cancelling. The big wigs at the airport apparently are trying to contact Allegiant and insist they do something...but they are not getting thru either just like the customers.

12. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  13. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back to the SW sale, do you notice that they only drop prices in certain areas? Last month they had cheap prices from SFO to LAS (r/t for close to $100) but now the prices went back up (now $150's and higher) so even with their SW "sale" it really isn't much of a sale unless you are in those sale areas.

14. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Allegiant and Spirit pretty close to the same thing. I have my return trip booked via SW, but waiting for the price to come down just a little on my flight to Vegas. I would hate to get to the airport for my trip to vegas and find out the AleGiant has morphed into a troll and can't fly. I know these cut rate airlines don't have back ups. Honestly for $100 for piece of mind it is worth it to give SW that extra Ben Franklin.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.