1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Jean Georges PRIME vs. Jean Georges Steakhouse

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by -(J)-, Jun 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -(J)-

-(J)- Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those who have been to both.. which one do you lean towards?

Prime was an outstanding experience and I would enjoy to relive that once again. Although I can only wonder what JG's other place at the Aria has to offer.. Menus and pricing generally seem similar.. but what about the steak, service and experience? Is this place pretty much in line with Prime?

Prime can hold it's own on dining alone but the fountain view is a really nice touch... what kind of nice touch does JG Steakhouse got?

I also enjoyed Prime for it's quiet/private atmosphere.. JG looks (from photos I've seen) a little less private with many connected booths and closer seating to other parties. The thought of sitting shoulder to shoulder with other diners could be a deal breaker!

At $300+ for the 2 of us, I want to get it right. For this upcoming trip it's one or the other! (so no need to persuade me over to SW)

So what should it be? Don't mess with success and stick with Prime or try something new (which we all love to do) and head up to JG?

2. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I much prefer Prime. And the fountain seating is an added bonus.

3. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I eat at Jean George frequently because I usually stay at Aria.
    Really like Jean George as I think the food is the same quality as Prime and it is a little more casual.
    I like the bar at Jean George and will often stop for a cocktail.

That being said,it is hard to beat the fountain view especially if you can get seating on the patio.

4. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For a romantic ambiance, Prime over Jean Georges. Reserve a table next to the windows or on the patio for the best view of the fountains.

5. Mafioso

Mafioso Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to both as well.
    I like the Chefs at Prime much better.
    You would figure them to be pretty much the same, but Prime seriously knows how to season the ribeye.

6. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just an FYI, the main chef from Prime was moved over to JG at the beginning of the year. One of the staff told me when I was at JG in January. They didn't know the reason.

7. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prime is amazing. My favorite steak in LV. They have the gf's favorite wine plus the view of the fountains. Top notch. That being said, next trip we may mix it up just for variety.

8. -(J)-

-(J)- Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So... JG steakhouse was pretty damn good. But... it did not touch Prime!
    Sure both places are created by JG but Prime really delivers an "experience".
    JG was a really nice dinner and they took care of us really good but for the same price, Prime is worlds apart.

I'm glad we tried JG for the sake of trying a new place but in my opinion/tastes/desires there would be no reason to choose this place over Prime.

9. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to both multiple times. I prefer jean George's steakhouse. Both are great though. Crispy sushi sampler at Aria is amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.