1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ping Pang Pong

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Eddyhazkell, Jun 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyhazkell

Eddyhazkell Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the Gold Coast and will be staying there during an upcoming trip. I am curious in trying out Ping Pang Pong but I am honestly a little bit nervous about how the dim-sum part works. I would love to know how it works before I go in and make a fool of myself. Do you just point at what you want when they bring it around on the carts? Are there any descriptions provided for the dishes?

2. blust2i3

blust2i3 Tourist

First, the dim-sum at Ping Pang Pong is delicious, as good as I had in San Francisco. To answer your question, yes, just point out the plates or steamers you want when the cart parked near your table. Besides shrimp dumplings and Shao-Mai, I don't know any name of other items. So I just use hand signal to order and say one or two etc to indicate how many same items I want to order.

When the cart approaches your table, you signal the lady in charge of the cart to stop. Then she will uncover each steamer, if it is something want, you just point to the item and said one. Otherwise, say nothing and let her pass to the other steamers. For the plates without cover in some other carts, just point out the plates you want. Very few people in the restaurant speak Cantonese. Almost everybody order this way. Just watch how everybody else just did and you will be fine.

3. blust2i3

blust2i3 Tourist

Also, there is no description coming with the dishes. You better Google Dim Sum items before your trip and memorize how they look. You may ask "Pork, beef or chicken" on a particular item. More complicate question than that, you are asking trouble for both you and the server.

4. Eddyhazkell

Eddyhazkell Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the helpful information! I will definitely give it a shot.

5. Aceman

Aceman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great dim sum at ping pang pong, big lines though. If its really busy and its just you, you can ask if there's space at the counter.

As above, they just push the carts around, tell them to stop and they'll lift off the lids and let you choose, and mark down what you've eaten on your little card. They'll tell you what each one is if asked. When you're done take your card the cashier and pay up.

6. blust2i3

blust2i3 Tourist

Yes, the restaurant is extremely popular. The last time I took my parents for a lunch, the host told us it is 50 minutes wait. He took my name. We went gambling some more and when we got back 40 minutes later, we still got to wait another 10 minutes. And it is a weekday.

7. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ate there for the first time last month. Very good. Was busy, but no wait, on a weeknight around 5.

8. bagpipe1

bagpipe1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would also suggest waiting for several carts to come by to see what is available. My wife and I ordered from the first couple of carts and filled up on items, only to see more interesting dishes come by on later carts. We wished we had waited for a bit before making decisisons.

9. blust2i3

blust2i3 Tourist

If you like the first batch, you just save the more interesting items for the next trip.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.