1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

"O" vs "MJ One"

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by JamieMarie, Jun 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamieMarie

JamieMarie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey guys...I need some advice on these 2 shows. If you had to choose just 1, what would it be? and why? What are the best sections/rows to be in for either?? Price does not be the deciding factor. (We are a group of girls aged 25ish - 40ish. I am the only one in the group who has seen any of the Cirque shows.)

2. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MJ1 by a long shot. Don't sit close because you will miss all the action around you ( good rule for any cirque show). I've seen MJ 1 twice and O once. Heck Love is better than O too

3. 2swordstechnique

2swordstechnique Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    O is a great show, but I preferred MJ One. It felt more engaging, maybe because all the music was familiar, so audiences are already part of the experience. But also, the choreography was more lively and fresh as well. O is a big scale, classic Cirque show, and is impressive in its own right, so you won't be disappointed if that is your choice, but I'll take MJ One and Beatle's Love over it.

I've seen One twice--from the second to last row, and the 3rd row center. Neither were bad seats, but closer was better. If I went again, I'd look for last row of the lower section, or first row of the upper section. There are things that happen overhead and that general area would offer great views of stage and overhead.

4. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I havent seen O but I saw MJ1 last year. I enjoyed it so much I'm going again this year. We were sat pretty far back but I didn't see the need to pay for more expensive tickets this year. I've seen Love and it's a good show...But I would pick MJ1 given the choice.

5. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen both and prefer MJ One by far. For either show try to get tickets in the center and at least midway back of the theater; I always like getting the upper section so long as I can get tickets in the first few rows (preferably first row).

6. ExVegasLocal

ExVegasLocal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 for MJ1

7. parti_73

parti_73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    O is nice and different because of the water. But I would reccomend MJ (or Love) over O. It was more up beat and the music was much better, and easier to follow the story line. Have fun!

8. JamieMarie

JamieMarie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all sooo much! Looks like MJ it is :)

9. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I have seen both and loved both shows. We are actually seeing MJ1 again in July and thought it was much better than O. They are 2 totally different type of shows but we think MJ1 is more towards our interest.

You will not be disappointed with MJ1

10. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely. "O" was my favorite show until I saw "MJ1". Both are great though, and I recommend seeing both eventually. But now I'd pick MJ first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.