1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Why Do Fans Bang On The Glass At Hockey Games?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Breeze147, Jun 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This annoys the living shit out of me. The television mikes are right there and it disrupts the action for me. What does it prove? I wish they would see how these "macho" dipshits would act if there was no glass between them and the players.

2. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because they arent allowed to lick them?

3. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. GogglesPizano

GogglesPizano Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's like in Mad Max's Thunderdome. It's natural to bang on the cage when the live action is playing. I sat next to the ice one game, and sure enough there was a fight in my corner. For some unfathomable reason I was up banging and yelling with the rest. Honestly, it was a lot of fun and probably satisfied my inner troglodyte.

5. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember watching that game! LOL!

6. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me it was not planned either... I sat down low one game... did not bang...ot winner.. .I was thumping like no tomorrow.

7. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sat on the glass once never banged the glass nor had the urge

8. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because they get mad when you throw octopus.

9. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find this incredibly annoying also. Not to mention the stand up 'look at me' idiots.

10. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because some people don't know how to act...?

11. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or know exactly how to act at a hockey game. Hockey is not baseball or any other type of sport for the fan. Because the game is so physical during and especially after the whistles. When your players are in the faces of the opponents after a whistle, or your guy just had a knock down drag out fight against their thug, it brings the fans to a frenzied level beyond competition to one of almost co-warrior. You are most definitely the 7th man out there for your team in such tight confines of an indoor stadium with so much emotion going on. So you show it in your chants, in your disrespect for the other team, in getting behind your guy who just crushed the opponent, so some relieve themselves by screaming or contribute to the frenzy by banging the glass. I've been to all 4 of the big sports, and it's why I am a huge hockey fan. You're more involved, your players are there for more than the competition, they honor and savor the fans far more than any other sport. I'm not saying there isnt a connection, or loyalty, or commitment in other sports, but the relationship between hockey player and fan is different. I've been in the inner circles of the NY Islanders. I've gotten to know most of the players from the last 20 years, and most of the dynasty team before that and each and every one of them puts the fans on a pedestal for whom they play for. Hockey players play hockey for the fans, for their parents, for their team, for their country and they put themselves last every time. Hockey players are the most humble of all athletes and the most genuine and hockey fans would go to the canvas for them.

Just one mans opinion. But if your Canadian or from the Northeast you probably understand where I'm coming from.

12. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand everything you say. I've been a Flyers fan since they opened the doors to the Spectrum. I had a season ticket for 8 years and saw every game of both Cup teams. I estimate that I have seen 400 NHL games in person. Nystrom is still offsides, by the way. See, I have creds, as well.

I agree with every last thing you say. I, too, knew some players offhandedly and hung at Rexy's in South Jersey where the players hung after games. I would have banged on the glass, too, to celebrate a goal or if a fight was right in front of me. If I were near the glass, which I wasn't.

I'm not talking about that.

I'm talking about the drunk bozos who smash the glass every time the action comes within range of them. I don't think the fact the puck reached the end boards is cause for banging on the glass. Or routine play.

I'll even concede an intense scrum as cause for glass banging.

I believe it's done during routine play because the jerk offs know the tv camera is on them and they want the ego rush.

My opinion.

13. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:

I didn't know you were talking about drunk bozos just banging for no reason just to be jerks when there is no real action. Ok I'm with you on that. I'm not ok with fans being phoneys.

But when your guy is giving the business to the other guy right in front of you, it's your responsibility to make sure he's getting it from the other side of the glass too.

Nystrom offsides? No way.[​IMG] Sorry that's been eating at you for 35 years, now you can put that to rest.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
  15. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
  16. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It will never be laid to rest. The camera angle is wrong.

Peace, bro.:peace::beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.