1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Lhammer28, Jun 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello! It has been a LONG time! In the time I was gone I have had a baby, who is now 7months and I am ready to plan my next VEGAS VACATION!!!

SO- I haven't been to the Flamingo since 2013, while they were just starting to build the Linq!
    I called to book a reservation and found out my Platinum Status is BS now. I plan on doing 2 years worth of gambling while were out there so I hope to get comped at the end. BUT can I still go in the separate room to check in?? I loved that room!
    Also,I LOVE the Go pool, however I doubt Ill be bikini ready in 3 months, BUT can anyone compare the GO pool and the pool at Ballys?

Im sure I have a lot more questions, Ill find the best thread for them tho!

2. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Comparing the Bally's and Flamingo pool? Yikes, night and day. I think they are both fine but for much different reasons. Bally's is pretty quiet, not tons of people, easy to find a chair, some partiers for sure but not a lot. Overall, pretty relaxing. Flamingo, loud music, crowded, lots of partiers, much more energy, very fun and a good time but much different than Bally's, depends on what you are looking for. Just my 2 pesos.

3. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I kinda figured that. And depending on the group i end up going with, I may change my mind. How about room? I am currently booked in a Luxury King Strip view at Flamingo....can i get a comparison with a similar Ballys room??

4. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always get a go lux with strip view room. They come with mini fridge and a coffee maker. Bath tub and separate walk in shower...tv in the bathroom mirror. I find the beds to be very comfy. My view has always been amazing. Can sit in bed and watch the Bellagio fountains and see all the way to MB. I have never had a real issue with the room being dirty or falling apart. Called for an extra luggage rack and had it in 10 minutes. Kinda cool to hit a switch and have the drapes open or close. I really enjoy my stays at Flamingo and can't wait to be back.

5. Mancation 2011

Mancation 2011 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would make sure that your room is a GO room. The GO rooms seem to be a little more clean and renovated than the just straight luxury rooms. Although as im looking through the room selections right now I just see 1 luxury room which is a sweet. If that is what you have that will definitely be bigger than a regular GO room but it looks like it just isnt as updated. Also I havent been there since 2011 but going back this year, so take from it what you want :beer:

I also Love the Flamingo pool, very fun party pool. My buddies and I like to say it has just the right amount of dirty :)

6. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you looked into the Linq Hotel? That may be a good choice for you also

7. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back yesterday from a 6 day trip at the flamingo.
    8 of us went (3 couples and 2 single guys)

2 of us (the single guys) had comp'd rooms. We were both put in Mini Suites (Fab) and at check in they asked us if we wanted to stay in those rooms or move to GO rooms luxary rooms.
    The girl was very convincing that while the room is slightly smaller we would have a much better stay in the Go rooms.

The 3 couples each stayed in Fab regular rooms (The reason we picked flamingo was because those not comp'd were looking for a cheap hotel)

I enjoyed the Go room a fair bit. It was clean and comfortable, the beds were soft, the view was of the pools, controls beside the bed for the curtains, it had a fridge in the room and a TV in the bathroom mirror.
    The 3 couples who stayed in the fab rooms all said they would never go back. Hard beds, the room was only somewhat clean (they found hair in the bathroom and a small amount of mold. No fridge, the floor was not carpeted, etc.

If you are going to Flamingo make sure your room is a GO room and be prepared for a LONG check in line at almost any time of day.

8. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a Fab 'studio'/mini suite booked for October. And from info I found on the boards here, I called and changed it to a GO room.

9. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, I think last time we were there we had a GO room as well. i liked it a lit. however im in the room so little that i really shouldn't care. I was hoping to get some suite for the group but i think we may just do regular rooms.
    Is there still a platinum check in line? i hate the lines at Flamingo & loved to bypass with the Platinum...

10. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I 100% agree with you. In vegas you basicly just sleep and shower in the room then leave.
    The big reason I like the GO rooms so much more is that the beds are soft. Fab beds feel like sleeping on the floor (maybe an exaggeration)

When I was there, it had a room beside the check in that said "Platinum and diamond check in" (or something like that). but it was locked 24/7.
    There was a 7star line at the main check in. I did not see a line for diamond or Platinum however I got in the 7star line and showed my diamond card and was happily greeted and skipped probably close to 50 people :p (This was at around 11pm and there was still like 50 people in line)

11. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a Fab Deluxe room for November for $2 per night (5 nights comped and 1 night $12) with the intent of using a generous tip (probably $40) to get a GO room. Basically for the Fridge. I'm doing the same Sunday at Bally's, booked a standard room (5 nights comped and 1 night $47) and will use a generous tip for Jubilee (for the Fridge).
    I am a sleep & shower guy going solo, but my rates for Bally's and Flamingo are so ridiculous, i said "gosh darn it, i deserve a nicer room that comes with a Fridge" so i can then say, "yeah, it sure was a nicer room to shower and sleep with the added bonus of a Fridge".
    Is there more to life than that?

12. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know about them charging guests to get in the pool? they didnt the last time i was there & now I read its $10 for guests to get in, which is obnoxious since i pay a $25 resort fee!!!

13. hattrick225

hattrick225 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't know the answer. Previous stays, I've never been charged to enter (as recently as last July). But checked the website after seeing your question, and sure enough, it says that hotel guests are charged $10 to enter. If that's correct, that sucks. I stay there each summer trip, mainly for the pool. Have a reservation for this summer, but starting to rethink that.
    From their website:

Cover Price

$10 to Hotel Guests,
    $15 To Other Caesars Entertainment Guests,
    and $25 For Non-Hotel Guests

Vegas Vacation 2024
  14. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the exact same thing! Looked at the website and bam! Why are we paying a resort fee, if we have to pay to use the pool? Oh, because the resort fee covers things we DON'T use... This is ridiculous.

I see that is for the GO pool. I know they have a family pool. Maybe they charge just for a certain area (GO pool?) because they have DJ's and such?

15. hattrick225

hattrick225 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm thinking that's correct. If that's the case, it's new (as in very recently. They weren't charging guest a cover in April when I was there). The Beach Club pool is very small, and usually overrun with kids in the summer. Great for families though. This will be a cluster for them....no other CET pool charges guests to use their pools (Caesars Palace charges $20 for one of their Venus pool on Fridays, but let's face it, Flamingo isn't in the same league as Caesars Palace)

Vegas Vacation 2024
  16. DavidR82

DavidR82 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can we get some confirmation on whether or not they are charging hotel guests $10 for the Go Pool???? Got a trip coming up for 4th July weekend being split between Cosmo and Flamingo. Specifically booked Flamingo for the Go Pool atmosphere but not looking forward to having to pay $10.00 now! We never had to in the past....

17. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  18. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just posted a message on their facebook page. We will see if they answer. I will cancel my res. right now if that is the case. Its bad enough the line to get in there and the search they put you through, I am not paying $10.

19. hattrick225

hattrick225 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called their yesterday....spoke to a woman at the pool. She said that they are NOT charging guests to enter the pool. She said they've been trying to get their marketing person to fix, but it hasnt been changed. Not sure at this point if it really is just a mistake, or a new policy that just is not being enforced.

Vegas Vacation 2024
  20. hattrick225

hattrick225 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here

Vegas Vacation 2024
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.