1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thanks VMB! Now it's my time....

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Jonnyvegas, May 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonnyvegas

Jonnyvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well almost. About a week away. I've been on these boards for weeks reading every trip report and getting tons of valuable advice. With the holiday weekend winding down, we are wrapping up the plan for this year's trip, I thought I'd do a little pre-trip report. I'm not going to try and do a live report. I know I would not do one justice like Superpocky, Packer, Suekel do among others. Since I take a few hundred pictures every trip, perhaps I will do a photo heavy trip report after we get back.

Wife and I are both in our 40's and usually go out this time of year. It's always around our anniversary. We got married in Vegas in 2004 and go annually ever since. We low roll, but I press if up any money. Bringing home any of our 5K budget would be a bonus. Hope to not tap into reserves since we also have a cruise to Bermuda booked for September.

We passed on 5 comped nights at Caesars for a partially comped stay at Bellagio. 2 free and 3 discounted. Not too bad for our favorite hotel. We are big fans of the pool scene there. Very relaxing with great drinks. Hope the $50 sandwich gets us bumped up to a fountain view room.

Two shows already booked. MJ1 Cirque and Carrot Top. Could we choose 2 show more different? Been wanting to see both.

A few meals planned: Breakfasts at Mon Ami Gabi and The Peppermill. Looking forward to trying an old Vegas classic. Dinners at Wicked Spoon, Tender, Nora's Italian Cuisine and Yard House.

Planning on another visit to Red Rock Canyon. Maybe a bit of hiking if not too hot. We took our wedding pics there and have been there two other times. We'll then hop over to Red Rock Resort for lunch and bingo. Wife has always wanted to try bingo in Vegas.

Thank you MyVegas for $100 freeplay at B, $75 of @ Tender, $50 Monte Carlo, free buffets and drinks at Red Rock among others.

Other plans: more chip collecting, shopping for the wife, the Highroller, drinks at Hyde, as many craft beers for me and frozen drinks for the wife as we can stomach. (Pedialyte has already been purchased) And oh yeah...WIN SOME MONEY!

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fun stuff. Good luck and hope you get the room with a view

I Need Spa
  3. Superpocky

Superpocky VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am so flattered that my name is mentioned as a benchmark, that's a first lol!

Looking forward to seeing your trip report, but don't feel so obligated that you end up missing all the fun. I was able to do more on my report because I was solo and don't drink a whole lot. I know I won't even come close if my family or friends were with me. It was a full time job.

Enjoy your trip, I will be following along and sending you good luck all the way!

4. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think your report had more chapters than the Bible, lol
    so not really a surprise

5. john meriman

john meriman merri by name merry by nature

Trips to Las Vegas:
    happy anniversary.:wink2::beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.