1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Venetian "Make It a Date" In suite dining

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by lemoncakegirl83, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lemoncakegirl83

lemoncakegirl83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I will be celebrating our anniversary in June and staying at the Venetian. We were looking for a place to go for dinner. A couple of years ago we went to the Eiffel Tower restaurant which was great, but we want something different. I was looking over the in suite dining menu for the Venetian and there is a section called "Make It a Date" with dinner for two, particularly at the Classic American Steak section. Has anyone had this or any other in suite dining from Venetian? Is it worth it? Any other restaurant suggestions? We were looking at Gordon Ramsey's steak, but it's a bit above our budget for this trip.

TIA

2. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never ordered that specifically. I have ordered the steak on the room service menu at palazzo. It was terrible. I ordered medium rare and it was well done. It was about the same cost as any other top steak house. I'm not sure if venetian is the same food tho.

I would recommend going to one of the restaurants such as cut or carnivore for dinner. Very high quality steak. Im not sure what the cost of Gordon Ramsey but I think those restaurants listed are in that similar price. There are several very good restaurants at v/p

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hundreds of suggestions.

Recently did Stack/Stax at Mirage which is across the street.

We love lots of places at Bellagio, especially with fountain views.

I am not a big fan of in suite dining, other than when we just want some "stuff", but surely not for "fine dining"

4. lemoncakegirl83

lemoncakegirl83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Medium rare and well done aren't even close. That was terrible...

5. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The steak wasn't that good either. Now I think about it, the room service at v/p isn't the best. I have ordered room service at every hotel I have stayed at. I would rate v/p Not so well but not as bad as mb.. However v/p is one of my favorite properties

I.would recommend going out some where rather eating the room service for your special occasion

6. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delmonicos! Le Cirque...

7. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love room service. But if you're concerned about the budget and want the best possible meal you can get, room service (anywhere) isn't the way to go. As RiddickBull notes, most of the time you're going to pay top dollar for a mediocre meal. For convenience/laziness/drunkenness, room service is great. But for bang-for-the-buck dining, it's usually one of your worst options.

If a full fare meal at a top drawer joint doesn't fit the budget, I think you're better off looking for specials, prix fixe meals, coupons etc. or checking out an off strip or less heralded place. You'll get a much better meal for the money.

8. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call me old school but the only food I want brought to my room when I'm not sick or working is strawberries, whipped cream, champagne, and a blindfold.

Ok, maybe apple pie with ice cream would also be good. Or steak and eggs.

But generally whatever you order will arrive cold or at best, not very hot.

9. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's two good bargains in my opinion for a great dinner that won't break the bank. If you want to stay on property book Table 10, Emeril's restaurant at Palazzo which offers a 4 course dinner for $48.00 per person. Here's a link to the spring time menu. I've eaten there about 5 times now the last couple years and IMO it's good. I also have food photos in some of my trip reports on my blog lasvegasdaze.com of Table 10.

http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/article/taste-spring-table-10

If you don't mind going off property Charlie Palmer at Four Seasons in Mandalay Bay has 2 great prix fixe dinners that even include a wine pairing for $48 per person for the Cut of the week or $49 per person for the Tribute to Michael Jackson. I also have photos of food at this restaurant on my blog. If you use the Search this Blog feature at the end of my home page, it will bring up the trip reports that have Charlie Palmer and Table 10 in them. Here's the link to the menus of Charlie Palmer.

http://www.charliepalmer.com/charlie-palmer-steak-las-vegas/menus/

Have a great trip!

10. lemoncakegirl83

lemoncakegirl83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!

Evoni, I will take a look.

11. lemoncakegirl83

lemoncakegirl83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have another question. How is Prime at the Bellagio? Looking online, it looks like a date spot.

From what we want, it looks like we will have to spend the cash lol.

12. kboltwkreations

kboltwkreations Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prime is amazing, but its very expensive. Its up there with all the expensive places on the strip. But it is a very romantic restaurant, have had several great dinners there.

13. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best is if you can get reservations or a hose took up to have you sit on the patio at the Bellagio fountains at Prime very small and romantic dining area

14. lemoncakegirl83

lemoncakegirl83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So we ended up buying tickets to the Palazzo's Carnival of Cuisine. I hope its worth the price :). I got the deal from travelzoo.

15. RM777

RM777 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only good experiences I have had with in room dining is when I order breakfast, or a late night burger when I'm hammered.

16. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have to agree. IMHO, "in suite dining" just a fancy word for "a quick bite" but not quick in terms of time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.