1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Venetian Monthly Offers

Discussion in 'Comps' started by GROWLR, May 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GROWLR

GROWLR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone know how much play (approximately) is required to maintain your monthly offers through V/P? Currently I get 3 nights and $175 slot credit, along with the various slot tournaments that include the 3 nights. To me Grazie comps are more complicated and inconsistent than MLife.

Thanks.

2. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you mainly a slot player? VC, Dai-Lun and Evoni should hopefully pop in and be able to help on that.

I love staying at V/P and they have continuously sent me offers...even when I was on an 18mo Vegas hiatus I still got the 3-4 nights, FP and food credit.

Last time I was there was SB weekend in 2014 and my average bet, if I recall correctly, was $175 per roll on craps and $200 on blackjack. I was booked there in Oct 2014 but had to cancel. I started getting offers several years ago because of when I would set up camp at their Spanish 21 tables. Back then my average bet was much less than it is today but was still enough to generate the offers and hold them while on the hiatus.

I don't have a true host there...just a player rep or marketing rep (forget how she identifies herself)...

3. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure what your coin in is, but I'm guessing you need to give similar action for your offers not to change too much.

I'm a table playe. I have played above my average play and my corporate offers didn't really change, maybe a little more promo chips. I have played below my average as well which resulted in a slight decrease in promo chiPs.

The corporate offers are more consistent at v/p. Mlife offers have varied more in my experience. V/p will send the same offer for about 2-3 months in which you can use it 2 or 3 times a month, can't remember exactly. Then you will get special offers often (super bowl, shopping, tournanent, etc)

If your play warrants get a host

4. GROWLR

GROWLR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Almost exclusively a slot player. I like the Venetian for my December trips since I don't need the pool that time of year, though I do love the rooms there.

Last December I put a lot of $$$ through the machines and didn't see my offers increase at all. I'm grateful to have what they give me but it seems I'm just stuck at this particular level--not moving up or down.

I certainly don't have the average bet that Rocky does, and I'm sure my play doesn't merit a host.

Just curious how much the offers fluctuate based on play.

5. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A good question indeed, something I'm trying to figure out........

I had played a wee bit, was sent some free nights -
    Booked the free nights, gave some play (all slots) - they said 9 hours at 2.90 average - over 2 nights (I think it was)
    Was sent another offer, this time it had free play, food credit and show tix - booked it - they said my play (all slots) was 12 hours at 4.30 average- over 3 nights

I was expecting my offer to go up as the THEO from the increase time and average seemed to warrant it, to me anyway, but it didn't change at all.

I called the Grazie desk to see if I could dig anything out of them. She told me before I could get the next "banding" I would have to do 4 hours of play per day. I thought I had.....but, even though I didn't play on check-out day, turns out they still include it. So 3 nights will always be considered 4 days for their purposes. Knowing that now - I haven't given 4 hours per day on either trip. I asked her about the "banding" she was referring to, but she didn't want to elaborate~

If I were you, I'd find out what your numbers were and see if you too fell under the 4 hour mark based on that criteria.

I've got a trip booked next weekend - slot Gods willing, I'm going to try and get over the 4 hours a day average...I suspect that would make it jump even if my average bet reduced. Will post if I find out anything further, I now have a host and will see if she can shed some light on this too!

6. GROWLR

GROWLR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reply VC, great info here. Really interesting to learn about how they expect a full day of play on your checkout day. I know I probably haven't been close the 4 hour/day requirement when staying on one of their offers, but I'll try to keep better track of that the next time I'm there.

This actually sort of tracks with what my rep at the Mirage told me about comps and offers; that time playing and coin-in are what she looks at more than theo. I realize every place is different so who knows what really matters to to particular property (or group of properties) as far as doling out comps and offers.

I really don't need to get bumped up at V/P too much, I'm happy with the offers as long as they are there when I need them. I'm actually double booked with Venetian in July just to take advantage of their slot credit, but now I'm wondering if this is really worth it since I'd like the option of staying there later in the year. I'll probably end up canceling the reservation and forego the slot credit, unless I get a wild hair and decide to pump some $$$ through their machines in July.

7. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, once you make Gold level, you continue to get monthly offerings. However, that being said, I am taking a short (36 hour) trip in 3 weeks. I will be attending the Summer Grazie Gift event and plan to play exclusively at V/P (may head over to Wynn to eat and play a little over there).

I hadn't stayed at V/P in a couple of years because there was "no need", but decided to take them up on a visit this year.

I'll post a trip report and my ongoing findings.

8. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never play my last day of the trip even if I have a late check out of 5 or 6pm. I'm not refuting your contact that they want 16 hours of play for a 3 night trip, but I think if one say plays 8 hours a day for 2 day and then doesn't gamble the next day or the day they leave that would work too. The way I general tell if my offers will remain the same, go down or up, is how many points I have generated which for me to maintain my current level of offers is usually 60,000 points or a bit more for a 3 night trip or 40,000 or over for a 2 night trip. I'm platinum so I also get more points per X dollars in the slot then someone who just signed up for their card and is grazie level.

For what it's worth I just returned earlier this week from 3 nights at Aria an M-Life property and while I like Aria and even got a hand pay there this trip, it's so hard for me to generate any points (other then tier) and earn express comps because I enjoy playing what they have classified as speciality slots which earn points at the same rate as video poker. Personally for the type of slots I enjoy playing I can earn more comps at Venetian and Palazzo, and also have the perk of having their Gold and Platinum VIP lounges available to me 24 hours a day.

Enjoy your Vegas trip and I hope you win lots!

9. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know V/P has terrible video poker paytables...but do you think for $25k coin-in per day, I could get some decent offers there?
    Reason I ask is, my wife L-O-V-E-D the room we had at Palazzo a few years ago...

10. RockyBalboa

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Evoni, VC and Dai -- I know you all are primarily slot players but do you know how to advance up the tiers when being solely a table player? I don't earn any points by being in the tables.

11. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Table players don't earn points to advance

12. RockyBalboa

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do I move up then?

13. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think you can unless you talk to a host. I'm not certain tho. I still got that purple card. I got plat cards at mlife and cosmo, but still rock that purple card. I have played way more at v/p however

I heard cosmo is doing the same thing with table players in term of points

14. RockyBalboa

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool thanks man -- I'll ask when I'm out there.

15. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From the online FAQ:

Q: Do I get points for Playing Table Games?

A: You do not currently earn points for playing Table Games. You will, however, be rated for comps and offers.

http://www.venetian.com/grazie/faqs.html

What that means for earning Gold and Platinum level with Grazie, I don't know unless a host assigns it to you. Also a host can always give you VIP room status and your room key guard will reflect that and let you have access to the VIP lounges.

If you find out additional details I would be curious to know how it works for table players.

16. alexb7

alexb7 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    50k credit line and your host can give you gold status. Likewise, 200k credit line and you can be given platinum status.

17. vince808

vince808 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you play enough at the tables you can request a gold upgrade. I was averaging 150-200 a hand and was able to request an upgrade to gold through my host.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.