1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone done back-to-back Vegas trips?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by JJaes, May 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let's say you finish a Vegas trip on Tuesday afternoon, fly from Vegas to your home in Chicago.
    And next day morning you fly back to Vegas again for another trip?
    Sounds too degenerate, right?

2. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not at all. I've done it several times. Flown into LV on business for a day, flew to California for two days, back to LV to rest for a couple, back to California, back to LV, down to Phoenix for a week, back to LV then home. That's how I've gotten so many trips to Vegas, the one I'm headed to the airport in 20 minutes is #160. I used LAS as a central hub when doing short assignments out West. Of course I played a bit when I was in town but rarely stayed on the strip.

Wouldn't call it a degenerate action, just a convenient way to travel, build up miles and smooth the gambling jones.

3. charliepeete

charliepeete Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i have done it left on a sunday and came back on a thursday......plus left my bags with the valet......

4. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I realize I will be in such an arkward situation next month.
    I have a long planned and booked family trip for 5 days in Vegas. We will flight back home Tuesday evening.
    Now, a business trip pops up and I have to come to Vegas Wednesday morning.
    I dont want to change my family trip . The business trip is out of my hands, I can't change it.

5. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back in the 80s, I would often go out there from Houston on consecutive weekends.
    Those were the days when you could go to the airport without a ticket or a reservation, walk up to the counter of an airline that had a vegas flight leaving in an hour or less, and negotiate a really great deal.
    Planes were so rarely full back then, that the airlines would rather sell an otherwise empty seat for something rather than fly the plane without you on it.

So I used to do stuff like that a lot. Fly out on a Friday & back to Houston on a Sunday or Monday... and do it again on the next Friday...or the one after.

Stardust was always good about comping a basic room, so that was almost never a problem... and so often I'd win $300-$500 on these trips, gambling funds were not a problem either.
    But coming home & flying back the very next day?
    Nope. Never.
    I've extended trips (as I'm sure many of us here have done)...sometimes by several days...so, those actually felt like two trips in terms of time spent at the tables.

Don't know if these count, but in the 90s, I would book business travel to have a multi-hour layover in Vegas both ways... as in 6 or 7 hours.
    So, in those instances, there several times when I was going to Vegas the day after I left Vegas... but those weren't really "Vegas Trips" in the strictest sense of the word... I don't include them as part of my "Trips to Vegas" total here on VMB - because I never got a hotel room....never stayed the night.

6. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

I have done 2 consecutive weekends but never the next day. If I were you I would just stay Tuesday night in Vegas. No need to fly back and forth unless you really have to.

7. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PS - You youngsters won't have had this experience, but stuff like this is what made 'Travel Agents' a cool thing... they could set stuff like this up for you with no additional expense to the company.

8. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know it is a good suggestion but I couldn't do that. I have older and younger generations in the family trip,
    I can't let them "unattened".

9. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes on occasion. Fly to Las Vegas, drive to El Lay, drive back to Las Vegas, fly out.

10. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Given your scenario, I don't think this is degenerate at all. Sounds like you didn't know about the business trip until after you booked the other trip.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  11. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    next day I wouldn't go home.

but next weekend? of course.

12. billyinpg

billyinpg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I can claim a back to back trip last summer. We arrived home after 7 nights in Vegas to an email for me to report to a job I had applied for in 9 days, it was across the country. I knew If I went I would be Vegas deprived for at least a year.

So it went like this. Arrive home at 7PM and read the email. After 2 hours discussion we are booking the next flight out to Vegas, barely enough time to do laundry and repack. Off we go for another 7 nights.

It was fun going straight back but I cut it really close. Flight delays etc. on the return had me getting off the plane at home and boarding to go to the new job within 6 hrs. That was enough to finish me for a good week.

Would I do it again?

Oh hell yea!

:ssst:

13. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I know.
    But other people seeing my schedule will think I am degenerate(well, sure I am. lol).

14. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice one!
    Those was truly a back-to-back trip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.