1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rental Car prices!

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by cpochick, May 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cpochick

cpochick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be in Vegas June 2 - 10 always been able to get a decent deal on a rental car. Right now the prices seem through the roof. Anyone know of any good coupon codes I may be missing?

2. salemorevegaslover

salemorevegaslover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I travel to Vegas about 3-4 times a year and always rent a car. For my next trip, I decided to check Costco's prices and Costco does have the best prices of them all.
    So, if you are a member, I would certainly check their prices. In the past, I have rented from Dollar ( never again), Firefly and EZ Car Rental.............besides the other more well known agencies. None could compete with Costco. It may change time to time but Costco certainly beat them all. Hope this helps.

3. KazooTom

KazooTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prices do seem to be quite high for some reason, and have been for the past several weeks. Fortunately we got a good price in mid April for our June 21 trip. Our total "all in" price for our 5 days (one week rental) in a full size is $161 and change. Today that same rental comes in at $255 and change, which is $40 less than it was a week ago. These prices are also using the Costco codes through Alamo, the best rates we could find. As a heads up, I booked directly through the Alamo site which now asks for your Costco member number to complete the reservation. In the past I've been able to use the codes without giving the number. I'm still hoping that our price will come down before we leave, but we have a bargain compared to today's prices. Glad we reserved early.

4. Jonnyvegas

Jonnyvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Expedia gave a good, make that the best price u could find at Sixt rental cars. I never heard of them and asked the board about them. Apparently reliable. You just have to take a different shuttle near the taxi stand at mccarran. Their office is across the street from the regular rental car complex.

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  5. Count de Monet

Count de Monet High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am renting 6/24-6/30 for $193 all in with Budget thru Costco so far. Keep checking, I have found lower rates closer to my arrival date in the past. Previous years I could rent for 6-7 days for around $150. Hope they drop more in the next few weeks.

6. roju5

roju5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Advantage shows $181 tax included for those dates.

7. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rented a car there last week and Costco was cheaper by about $100 (Enterprise) And you can add an additional driver at no extra charge. Rentalcarmomma has some deals but they couldn't come close to Costco, at least not last week.

8. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    use Costco and check the site a few times a day. I've seen the price drop in half in 30 minutes on there. Even when it's at it's peak it's at most the same as going direct.

9. cpochick

cpochick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have a Costco membership (I live alone and I don't live close enough to one to worry about it). Now I am thinking I may have to join just for the rental car discounts, I usually don't have any problem getting a decent price but this year for some reason they are high.

10. smrtypnts

smrtypnts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had been looking for months....as everyone noted the prices are outrageous! We need a car for 4 days--we arrive in @ 12:30am on Friday June 12 (in other words....just past midnight on Thursday) and will return the car on Monday at noon. that's a full day on Fri, Sat, Sun and yes we have to pay for all day Monday. I happen to hit on a good price at a moment in time.....i think hours later i couldn't get that price again. i paid $14.18 a day...plus a million in taxes for an out the door price of $97.38. Since i didn't have to pay anything I keep looking to see if i can do any better. Costco did not do it. I do have a membership. Oh, i got that price without bidding on Priceline.

11. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep checkin!!

12. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know several people who joined just for the rental car discounts. It's around $50. In my case Costco was about $100 cheaper than anything else I could get for last week. And you get an extra driver at no extra charge.

13. smrtypnts

smrtypnts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do they show the prices that you will get before putting in your costco member i.d.?

14. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have rented a few hundred cars and they all do 24 hour periods. It might say daily, but it is for the 24 hour period. Since your "Monday" starts at 12:30am, you will pay for that day. Some agencies have an hour or so leeway, but after 2-3 hours, the hourly rate exceeds the daily rate. You will have the car for a half day Monday, hence a full day. three and a half days are the same as four days.

15. cpochick

cpochick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which rental company? I mean which rental car company did you get through priceline?

16. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you only need your ID number when you do the actual booking, but you can check prices without it.

17. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Dollar Rate has dropped three times in the last 18 days (now at $100.80 for a week). I do the Dollar dance up to the day before departure. Never fails, the rates drop. You just have to keep checking.

18. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The taxes seem A LOT higher than in the past...it is doubling the original quoted price! Honestly, $12/day rate is damn low...but after taxes this is over $200 for 8 days. We like the convenience, but I think I can cab when I need to go for no more than that--and I can drink what I want that way!

The additional driver is moot in Vegas (assuming it is a spouse)--Nevada law requires rental companies allow a spouse on at no charge (but they still try to charge you for this...NO idea how that is not illegal)

19. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many cities frequently raise rental car tax rates. It's easy revenue and affects out of towners for the most part.

20. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Price per day is super cheap..$84 for 8 days...but the total is $180!!! No matter what rental price I got, the taxes were about $100 more.

I've never been to Vegas for 8 days, so maybe I am just having sticker shock for the 9 day rental...

But it isn't worth it--cab to & from hotel is $50 max. We can bus it to downtown (WAX is usually 20 min.) for $7 each. We will shuttle it over to Rio (free). Nowhere else is worth $115 more! Plus then I don't have to worry about watching my cocktails!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.