1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question about The Rio

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by Shaunny11, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaunny11

Shaunny11 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone stay here often that can tell me if it's worth the upgrade from a regular queen to the newer Samba rooms?

2. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rooms are basically the same, just that the Samba rooms are renovated and look a little nicer.

3. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed at the Rio several times. I usually use the $20 "sandwich" and politely ask for an upgrade. This has worked well for me the last four trips to the Rio. Ask for a Samba suite in the Ipanema tower if possible. You chances for the upgrade a better during a weekday stay. Good luck.

4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Samba suites are in the Masquerade tower, not the Ipanema tower. They're pretty nice. I prefer the Ipanema tower and even though those rooms were renovated in 2006 they need renovating again. The Masquerade tower rooms are not good (except for Samba). I like the Rio and have stayed there 3 times the last 2 years but Caesars needs to stick some money into it or sell it. CET seems to focus only on their strip properties. Harrahs is next for a renovation, hopefully Rio is next. I like the location, the shuttle, the restaurants (for the most part).

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.