1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TR Comp Nights Dried Up

Discussion in 'Comps' started by max85, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max85

max85 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hey guys
    for the past two years I have received comp nights for all CET properties. I just got back from my last stay where I received 5 comp nights at Ballys.

Now, Im heading back in October and looked on TR website and I dont have any comp nights.

Previously my credits were around 200 and this trip I played a little on the card to accumulate 196 points.

Is it because Im trying to book so close to a previous stay or have comp nights dried up with CET?

Before when I was receiving comp nights at every property my points were the same!

Weird.

Any ideas? I dont fancy paying $100 per night for Ballys or the like

2. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    200 points in a trip seems really low. Maybe they gave you offers previously based on some potential their computer algorithm thought you had. Your play doesn't warrant comped rooms.

3. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you typically earn 200 TC on a 5 night trip, I'm surprised you receive any comp nights. 200 TC equates to $1000 coin in. Your theo generated does not come close to covering your room.

4. max85

max85 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah its weird because i only played on my card once when i got it in 2013, put $500 coin in then received comp room offers for 2 years. Now, nothing when i play again on the card

5. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you ever USE the comp nights?
    Sure they'd SHOW comp...but when you went BACK and played, and only did 200 points over 5 days...the computers fixed your ADT (I imagine it was a "teaser" to see if you'd come back and give "decent" play)

6. Gamesman

Gamesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You put in $500 or you had $500 coin in?

7. max85

max85 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i put 500 in a slot machine ($5)
    cycle through the $500 (bet $500 worth) then once i have spun 100 $5 spins i cash out

8. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you won't receive any offer from them

9. max85

max85 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i did for 2 years now nothing

10. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You had your teaser period where a little play got you free rooms. I had the same thing when I started going to LV four years ago. Now the best I can do (assuming I don't want to gamble a lot more, which I don't) is look for the best, low rate I can get. For the July trip, that was about $75 a night at Planet Hollywood (including all taxes and the resort fee) which is still not bad.

The economy is better. Heck, I got a promotion. Visitation is up. Caesars is billions of dollars in debt--why should they give out lots of free rooms?

11. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree...you cycled through the money on a $5 slot, so CET said "Ohh, he's a $5 slot player?! We want him back!" So they kept sending you free rooms/offers UNTIL you came back...now that you have went back and USED those offers, they see you're not a "typical" $5 slot player (ie: earning 1000TC+ per day) So they cut you off.
    "No hard feelings, it's just business"

12. max85

max85 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yep that definately makes sense...bugger im used to those cheap deals now everything seems really expensive!

PH for $75 incl fees is damn cheap

any recommendations for booking good deals now? Any sites etc?

13. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I'm the wrong person to ask because I almost always book directly with the hotel (or, for CET properties, through the Total Rewards website). I like the easy cancellation and I'm less paranoid about having problems with a 3rd-party website.

I assume you're keeping an eye on the TR website calendar of rates. It pays to check that every week or so, since rates do fluctuate. You can always cancel and rebook if rates drop. Also, if you travel with someone else, have them get a Total Rewards number. (You don't even need the physical card, just the number.) Then plug that in ("companion TR number") when you're doing your search on the TR website. It will often get you a lower rate.

There are some places that, according to what I hear, are being more generous with comped rooms to new players. These are places that are floundering a bit: Downtown Grand and SLS are the ones I've read about here. You might check those out. It sort of depends upon what part of town you want to stay at, and what kind of joint you want to stay at. There are good "values" to be had, for more money, at Vdara and Aria, for instance. My latest offer from Aria (base room, weekdays only) was $90 + resort fees, which is a good price if you like that kind of place and aren't a High Roller.

14. max85

max85 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks mate
    yeah i keep an eye out each day on tr and mlife but the rates are so high. for example mgm from 7th october is like $150pn plus resrt fees & tax! in base room

15. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck! It does kind of give you a pretext to "work" on your Vegas vacation...

Just for kicks I plugged October 7 in on Kayak (not TR or Mlife) just to get an idea on current pricing. I see you're right about MGM and quite a few other places being high that night. I do see Planet Hollywood for $86, SLS for $65, Harrah's for $55, Bally's for $84, and all the downtown places except for the Nugget at $50 or less. (None of these prices include taxes and fees, however.)

And of course, these are with various 3rd-party websites that I claimed not to use--but that's probably just paranoia on my part.

16. max85

max85 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thats weird i logged on and didnt see prices that cheap
    maybe because my ip address is in australia the rates are different
    i may need to get a poker room rate!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.