1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Limo advice

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by thestugot, May 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thestugot

thestugot Low-Roller

I'm landing on a Thursday night with my wife and another couple. I have double booked. Bellagio for me and the wife and Caesars for my friends. I am thinking of getting a limo for an hour so we can check in at B and then head over to C so I can check them in. Don't want them to have to unload and reload luggage. Anyone have suggestions on how to accomplish or which limo service to go with?

2. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Presidential is who I would recommend, I've used them 3 times. I book online, driver is always waiting for us in baggage claim, and is always early picking us up at the hotel for the return trip to the airport. They will make stops for you but keep in mind your hour starts when your plane lands.

3. Imperial_Palace_King

Imperial_Palace_King High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've used the Caesars limo service and had them drop friends off at a different property no problem. You may want to book the limo with Bellagio or Caesars so you can charge it to the room and potentially get it comped at the end.

4. Rotty

Rotty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking of using them for upcoming trip but arrive on international flight and I would imagine immigration/baggage can eat into that hour quite a bit

5. mamayi

mamayi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to hijack the thread, but on a similar note.... If you book a Caesars limo, but want to be dropped off at another hotel to check into that room first (my room for the first couple nights), would they let you? I would want to check into the other the other hotel since my friends are staying at Caesars for two of my three nights, then I'll be moving over there. I mainly play at CET properties, hence the reason I wouldn't get a limo from the Cosmo.

6. Imperial_Palace_King

Imperial_Palace_King High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I probably wouldn't try and book the Caesars limo if you don't intend on actually being dropped off there.

7. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to be clear. You are double booking Cosmo and Caesars. Your friends are staying in your room at Caesars? My answer would be yes. Since check in could be a long process at Cosmo, I'd just do a stop at Cosmo and leave your bags with the bellman. Then continue onto Caesars and check in there. Tip appropriately. Usually the airport to hotel run for CET is $66. I've seen a charge in the $90 range when we had to go back to the airport (forgot something).

8. mamayi

mamayi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You understood my crazy msg, yes! Thanks for the reply [emoji482]

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am glad he figured it out. Bellagio sounds and spells way different than Cosmo.

10. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The OP asked about Bellagio and Caesars. Mamayi asked about Cosmo and Caesars. Same result. The limo can do both stops.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah... too many drinks in between postings.

LOL!

12. mickeydfly13

mickeydfly13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would NOT recommend Presidential. No Way. On a recent trip, they picked me up fine, all was ok. On the return, they no-showed even after I had called the night before to confirm the ride (since I didn't get any confirmation email/text/call--which I did on the way out). Ended up waiting around like a dummy for 15-20 minutes then had to grab a cab. They refunded me slightly less than half of the fee that I paid for the round trip. Just my $.02

13. Rotty

Rotty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    while not as bad I have always seen they recommended so sent them a couple of questions about 3 or 4 days ago, no reply at all

14. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, that's bad. I think this is the first time I've heard of something like that with Presidential. I've only used them once, but they were great. I just booked them for my trip next month to pick up my "crew" and I.

15. UncleBen

UncleBen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For my last trip there was a big delay getting off the plane and coming through customs etc. Presidential already had my flight details so knew I was on my way. The driver laughed about it with me but was still there waiting. I didn't push it and ask for a pit stop or anything.
    When I've got through quickly they have been more than happy to stop at a liquor store and the Vegas sign before heading to my hotel.

16. Rotty

Rotty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reply, did they just charge the basic 1 hr?

17. UncleBen

UncleBen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes they did.

Double check the terms or check the 'live chat' option on their site and speak to them. I think you can actually get the clock to start running after you land. So if you land at 2pm you could book it from 2:45pm for example. In fact I think they insist on this for international flights.

18. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know about International flights, but I wasn't able to get them to do a set-timed pickup at the airport.

I'm meeting someone there who lands at noon, but I don't want the clock to start at noon because I want to make a supermarket stop on the way to the hotel. So I made a reservation online, and made 12:30 the pickup time and said I just wanted to have a driver meet me then in the baggage claim area.

They emailed me and asked for a flight number. So I emailed back with an explanation of what I wanted to do, and even gave them the flight number so they could plug it in or do whatever they wanted to with it.

I got an email back saying they couldn't do it. And they cancelled my reservation.

I didn't bother writing back to ask what is so complicated about meeting a customer at the regular place at the baggage claim escalators at a set time instead of based on a flight arrival. So I'm just going to do a walk up booking.

I used them once before and they were good. I had made a reservation and I ended up taking a much later flight because I lost my driver's license at the departure airport and had to scramble to get it replaced. I called them and rescheduled and it wasn't a problem.

A lot of the problems you see mentioned on review sites for all limo companies have to do with the back end of a airport round trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.