1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Harrah's Resort Southern California

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by sindustry, May 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

My Trip Report

We are spending Mother's Day at the Lazy River. It is a comfortable 72 degrees right now and the water is just slightly cooler...full sun, so actually near perfect temps to just lounge out.

Here are a few shots of our cabana...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Imperial_Palace_King

Imperial_Palace_King High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome! Looks nice. I might have to make a trip down there at some point. One time I stayed at Morongo and really enjoyed their lazy river. Had the whole thing to ourselves if I remember correctly.

3. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

La Jolla Suite North Tower

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Most important bonus...a second toilet!

[​IMG]

4. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

On the way back out to the cabana, I stopped at a 777 Wheel Hot machine to play $45 in FreePlay...just need to play 15 spins and cash out whatever remains...cashed out $260...got $250 from a wheel spin and $10 remained from just a regular hit during my 15 spins. Next gambling moment will not be until late tonight.

5. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really like Harrahs Rincon. The gaming isn't the greatest, but the rooms and pool and buffet more than make up for it. My wife and I go to Anaheim every summer when the Red Sox come out west. Instead of staying at a local Disney tourist hotel, we'll take the 75 minute drive to Rincon. This year we'll be parlaying our Rincon stay with Vegas.

6. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Managed to play about 2 hours tonight...ended up playing all HL slots :/

Let's just say, there was nothing worth posting. I could have snapped a bunch of zero credit pics...lol. I should have made a video recording of the whole 2 hours and then just posted it in reverse...then it would have looked like I won $8k.

Vegas at the end of the month! I will conquer!

7. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks vastly improved since the last time I stayed there (10+ years ago?). A bummer that you didn't win anything noteworthy... I'll be expecting to see your slot hits on the mlife app in 3 weeks.

8. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ack! Better luck in vegas! And nice pics of the place!

9. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice! I may have to put that place on my radar next time I am in SoCal. How far drive is this property from SD or Santa Ana area?

10. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About an hour from San Diego, 1.5 hours from Santa Ana.

11. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like everything about it except for gambling. It's not much for payouts or even winning. They have a pretty good steak place and a pretty good Mexican food place. BTW, you can use your TR just like Vegas.

12. zoobrew

zoobrew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed there a few days before you, May 5-8, but unfortunately sunny S. Calf largely disappeared and they had snow in the nearby mountains. This time we stayed at the N. Tower Coronado Suite and preferred it over the N. Tower La Jolla Suite because it has a big balcony. My wife likes the spa and with the 20% diamond discount the prices are reasonable to use RCs. We did the lazy river one day when the sun was out and the wind was lower and it wasn't too cold, my only complaint is that there always seems to be a group of guys who hang out at the bend in the lazy river near the entrance and the current wants to take you right where they are standing.

13. avg35

avg35 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sorry to thread jack, but I didn't find anything about the diamond lounge by searching. Does anyone know if there is a diamond lounge, diamond check in, or any other unique benefits like the 20% off spa. Also, how was pricing on the cabana? I plan on going to Rincon this weekend.

14. zoobrew

zoobrew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    20% off at spa, but not on the specials. My wife really likes the services she gets there, and go early before the treatment to enjoy the amenities. The have a diamond check-in line for the hotel and the buffet. They have a diamond lounge and I thought the food was meh, the fruit is usually pretty good and they have a self serve soda machine.

Seven Stars Lounge
    There is no Seven Stars Lounge, but the bright comfortable Diamond Lounge with lots of windows overlooking beautifully manicured gardens is very inviting. Food service is extremely limited, e.g., chips and salsa, popcorn, etc., but servers pass hors d'ouevres from 4 to 8 nightly, followed by a dessert service beginning at 8 until closing. There is a bar seating eight to 10 people. Hours (subject to change) are:
    Monday - Thursday: 2 to 9 p.m.
    Friday: 2 to 10 p.m.
    Saturday: 1 to 10 p.m.
    Sunday: 1 to 9 p.m.

http://www.sevenstarsinsider.com/harrah%27srincon

With Dive going full swing on the weekends, I bet that the cabana's would be expensive. Here is a link with phone numbers. Make sure you understand all the rules and regulations regarding the pools during the weekends.

http://divedayclub.com/cabanas/

15. avg35

avg35 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks zoobrew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.