1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Using host for 1st time for 1st trip of year or waiting - Total Rewards

Discussion in 'Comps' started by johnjagg, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnjagg

johnjagg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This past December my wife was approached by a TR host while playing VP at Cromwell. We've never had a host and honestly I was very surprised she got one as I really didn't think the amount we gamble would be enough that they would care. In other words I'm pretty sure my wife is right on the border of being worthwhile or not for a host.

My wife got a regular offer for something coming at the beginning of June and booked it. Now we have a need to add on the preceding weekend days as well. My wife wants to call the host to see if she can get a better deal. I think she'll be there too many days to maintain a good ADT that will keep the host happy. My thought was to use the host for a future trip of fewer days where she (we) could keep her ADT higher.

It did occur to me though that if she using the regular TR offers (calendar and marketing) and has a bad run or something and winds up with a low ADT for this trip that it could affect if the host will want her business for a future trip. Is that a possiblity? Would low play on a calendar offer trip affect what a host could/would offer for a future trip (future being in four months)? Should she use the host for this trip or wait?

Thanks.

2. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Personally I think you are worrying too much about what this host thinks of you.

They came and introduced themselves to you and offered to help. That is their job. If they can do anything useful for you, let them do it.

Whether you end up playing less than they expected or not is just the nature of their business. And frankly, they aren't going to really do a whole lot for you in the first place.

Don't fall into the type of thinking way too common here of putting these guys on a pedestal. They're there to help.

3. Darvin

Darvin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kickin,
    Your above post is exactly what I have been thinking, when I first got a host I felt like I was bothering them with doing things for a low roller lilke myself, then I realized it is a business and they will do what they can as it is all about $$$ and 20 low maintenance low rollers make them just as much as 3 high maintenance high rollers.
    Johnjagg,
    Let them provide whatever they are willing to, don't be shy to ask for back-end comps and enjoy Vegas at whatever level you are comfortable at, a host won't look at one trip but rather your play history over several trips and if you don't "play" at their level then go back to TR Website offers and play at your own pace

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think it matters one bit how it was booked. The master computer just looks at your daily play. Try to keep that in mind, but don't let all this stuff drive you crazy. If you want more days, call in and get them. They may ALL be gone next month. Not saying it will, but just pointing out, you really don't know.

Personally, I wish they would stop offering us stuff. I cann't afford anymore freeplay, meals, rooms, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.