1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pools in July and August

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by katmu, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katmu

katmu Well-Known Member

So I currently have no ticker. I was originally thinking of a trip in September or October but I'm not sure I wait that long so I'm maybe thinking of July or August. I've only taken one trip in early July many years ago. For those that have been in July or August, do you lounge by the pool or are you mostly in the water because of the heat? Are there misters around most of the pools? And which pools on the Strip might be a bit better at that time of year for a little shade?

2. bedaniels

bedaniels High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Splurge on a cabana

3. NativeSoCal

NativeSoCal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We go every August due to wifey having a trade show to attend.
    The past few years it has been held at the Mirage. Great pool scene.

But, to answer your question, yes, you have to get in the pool most of the time, since the temps are always hovering over 100° F
    You can only lay on your lounger in that hot sun for so log until it's unbearable.
    It is helpful if you can find a shaded, or partly shaded area with a lounge chair, but you need to get down to the pool area EARLY to secure such.
    Misters? Not really around the pools, per se, but many of the poolside bars will have misters, so you can hang at the bar to be a bit more comfortable.

4. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kat, me and my wife go every August for several days in August. My wife is the pool person, she will go early in the morning and lay out on a lounge chair and order a few frozen drinks. She will go for dips every now and then to cool off. Usually is done by lunch time. Also she will sometimes go in the later afternoon, some pools have large shade areas because of other buildings. I think Aria had some chairs in the shade.

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Without splurging for a cabana, I have found the pools at Aria, Bellagio, and CP to have the most shady areas thanks to trees and umbrellas

I Need Spa
  6. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I lounge at the pool in July and August. At Tropicana, I rent a daybed with mister. At Palms, I have been lucky to get a comped cabana. I've also done a cabana at Trop, weekday very reasonable $200 food and beverage purchase is all that is required. At the other hotels where I typically stay, Cosmo, Wynncore, I just jump in the pool to cool off. I'm thinking of going in August...probably around the 7th.

7. katmu

katmu Well-Known Member

Thank you for all the replies. I think I would consider renting a cabana but probably only for 1 day out of my trip, as everyday would get to be pretty spendy for just me. I was thinking of staying at Aria again so I could use the gym but I'm going to look at other options. The plan of hitting the pool earlier in the morning until about lunchtime sounds good as that would leave me time to hit the gym before getting my gambling time in during the evening.

Breanna- I may have to cover at work that week, but I'll check and see if it might be possible to get someone else to take over. I unfortunately cover for about 1/2 of the department.

8. Mooda

Mooda Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great question. Flamingo has misters. We like to go to the lazy river at MGM. If you want shade there's plenty of it, conversely if you want sun there's also plenty of that.

9. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure if it is still a possibility, but I have been able to rent a cabana for half a day. Obviously the cost is less and I never want to spend an entire day at the pool.

10. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kat: I'm very happy to read you are heading back!

11. Snickers

Snickers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We do the first week of July each year and just get in and out of the pool to cool off. Stay at Nugget part of the week and then at Flamingo. Flamingo pool is nice early but gets full and trashy mid afternoon so plan to head out around 1:00 and you will enjoy it. (The younger crowd does not pick up after themselves.) Early for chairs about anywhere I would bet, though.

12. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Paris pool has misters, and the shade gets better throughout the afternoon from the sun's movement behind the building. We lounge, get hot, get in the pool...and repeat often. It's a pretty mellow scene, at least during the week.

13. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    katmu - my wife and I stayed at the Bellagio last June. She sprung $75 for the reserved loungers at the Cypress Pool and *loved* it. Service and shade were both great. She loves her pool time and found this area to be very relaxing. If you are solo this may be a great option.

https://www.bellagio.com/amenities/cypress.aspx

14. katmu

katmu Well-Known Member

That would be a great option. I can't see myself spending the entire day at the pool either.

Thanks. I don't want to let 1 bad experience keep me from something I really enjoy.

Thanks, I know next to nothing about Flamingo. I'll check into it.

That sounds like a perfect pool day to me.

That looks amazing. In all the times I've been to Vegas, I've never stayed at the Bellagio.

Palazzo looks to have something similar but only on the weekends.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.