1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pacman took the money and ran.

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Electroguy563, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of course this is just my opinion. He injured his shoulder and didn't report it. He stepped into the ring anyway and as a result his performance was lackluster and mediocre. He threw an average 400 less punches than what he usually does in a typical fight. I couldn't believe Mayweather threw and landed more punches than him. Everyone could see that.

I think he risks ruining his integrity and reputation. Any real competitor with a desire to win would forego the fight until he is 100% ready. A true professional would have the sport and fans at heart to perform at the ultimate of his ability, he owes no less.

As a result, fans are wondering if it was all just about the money. Money can do weird things to people. But I never thought it would to the Pacman.

I figured Pacman would've probably lose the fight. And this is coming from a fan of his. But it's o.k. as long as he fought his heart out. Maybe he did that night, but with a bad rotator cuff. I have a rotator cuff injury that requires surgery and I can't believe he entered the ring with a top notch fighter like Mayweather. Makes me wonder if this was all a sham and all about money.

Money eventually runs out. But your integrity and professional outlook stays with you forever. I'm disappointed in you, Manny Pacquiao.

Anyone care to comment?

2. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think that was it at all. Can you imagine the social, monetary and personal chaos if he's pulled out 10 days before? And he's been a great fighter for a long time and had confidence in his ability. Perhaps with a pain shot he couldn't get.
    Regardless, no injury or pain shot involved, no way he was going to win that fight.

3. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Almost anytime a big time fighter looses a fight by a wide margin they claim injury. If they loose by a close decision they then blame the judges. This is how boxing has been going for many many years. The injury usually lasts long enough for the stench of the defeat to wear off. That way they can sell a comeback fight or pray for a rematch. It is just now that this fight brought in people who don't normally watch fights and they are all up in arms. Welcome to boxing people.

4. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The purse on this fight was ridiculously huge and Pacman wanted that paper. He is probably going to be badly fined for not disclosing his injury, which he's now going to be rehabbing for 9-12 months (so it's a real injury). Since Mayweather is going to retire in a year, this was probably Pac's only shot at him.

5. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Imagine if Pacman wins??? Beats Mayweather with one hand.

Imagine if Pacman loses??? Lost because of an injury.

Rematch...In Manilla.

You heard it hear first on VMB....lol

6. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is he really injured to is it just to cover his injured pride?

7. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly. Knowing the B.S. that goes into the boxing industry's attempt to milk us out of our money, either one could be true.

One thing is for sure: He will be sanctioned somehow. And he will lose integrity. There might possibly be lawsuits.

I don't know why but I thought Manny was above all of this. But like I've said earlier, money does weird things to people and Manny is no different.

There was a time when the Pacman was hungry...goals, drive, and ambition is fueled when you're hungry....

Manny's stomach has always been full nowadays.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  8. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. The entire fight was a sham. I watched it on you tube on Sunday. Wish I had those 36 minutes back.
    2. Many claim they wouldn't attend / buy a rematch version of this sham, but a majority will pay for or attend II or III if offered next year.
    3. If they continued for 100 rounds, there would be 0 knockdowns. Mayweather hasn't knocked out a non-woman since 2007, and had no intentions of even staging an offense. If viewers paid $1 per good punch landed, the fight would have cost $4. Pacquiao was crippled.
    4. There is still quality boxing / boxers out there, but they are not widely known. Depending on two boxers nearing 40 years old to give their best and be at their best is foolish. If the fight happened 5 years ago, when the coward wouldn't sign the contract and came up with several excuses not to box Pacquiao, it would have been a much better fight, regardless of the outcome.

9. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel like there was probably something going on inside that shoulder prior to the fight, but not to the extent necessary to check the box on the form, which is why he was denied the injection. It's true he threw far fewer punches than he usually does, but he also hasn't fought someone like Floyd who moves and counter punches as well as any boxer EVER. Of the punches Manny did throw, he was incredibly inaccurate and I feel like the additional tears to the rotator cuff occurred during and as a result of the fight. I just don't believe, at this point, Manny duped the public for the $$$. I also don't see a rematched being any different... even though Manny's a couple years younger than Floyd, he's not the fighter he once was and will be a year older if they rematch. Floyd's run and hide, defensive strategies are excellent in terms of boxing, but boring to watch and I honestly feel the fight would be more of the same.

10. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My opinions:
    Yes, it was a money grab.
    Yes, he was injured.
    Yes, it was a little unfair to the audience.
    But this is the last Big Fight ever.

11. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

Haha!

12. Superpocky

Superpocky VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whether truly injured or not, I am happy that I did not extend my trip by spend the extra $2200 on hotel for that weekend (Fri + Sat). I feel bad for the people that actually paid $$$$ to be in Vegas or worse yet, on a ticket to the match.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.