1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Questions About Fountain View Rooms at Cosmopolitan

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by KuyyaJef, Apr 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KuyyaJef

KuyyaJef Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My trip for July seems to be ever-evolving as new deals seem to pop up as our travel dates come closer. Now the Cosmopolitan seems to be a contender. I was just wondering if one can actually hear the music from the rooms. Maybe another question might be; at what level would you stop hearing the music?

2. symbols

symbols Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you can hear the music but not very well from some rooms depending on what else is going on outside.

3. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess every time I've stayed there, my room has been too high as I have never heard the music. I take that back, maybe once in a blue moon if all traffic is stopped, and absolutely no sirens, I may hear a chord or two, lol. Still TOTALLY worth it though!

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can hear the whoosh of the water but I don't recall hearing the music. It's mostly white noise from the fountain or traffic.

5. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    anything over 50th is safe
    too bad you only find out if that's available on check in

6. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I barely hear the music but I have always been really high.

7. majorminor

majorminor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was on the 45th floor recently and could not hear the music.

8. -(J)-

-(J)- Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Floor 37. Terrace Suite. No music could be heard but you sure could hear the roar of the water being blasted into the air!

9. gabeoak

gabeoak Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never been able to hear the music. Now. What I have done is a little bit of prep work but actually kind of nerdy fun. Find the current schedule online. Then dial up an HD YouTube video of that particular fountain song... Play the video and pause at the first highly definable explosion. Then press play and listen from your device.... Ya. I know. A bit of work but not too hard. I've done this at Disney world too when we stay with a fireworks view and it makes a big difference.

10. lungston

lungston Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm late to this question, but I stayed only once @ Cosmo. I was in the upper 30s, and it was not loud at all. Great view, great room.

11. vegas2k15

vegas2k15 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were at Cosmo the week of the fight and because of the winds the fountains only ran once during our stay, but in the past I can never remember hearing the music from our room. May have been as others have stated, noise from everything else going on. I tell everyone who has ever asked me if the view is worth it, and I reply, yes if the fountains are running, because they don't always. Wind and weather play a part in the function of the fountains. We know because we asked while at Hyde one night. The server told us that if it is to windy they won't turn them on because the volume of water will soak people on the strip.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.