1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cost of Limo

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Tammer, Apr 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tammer

Tammer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will be leaving for a Vegas trip in mid June and were considering renting a limo to take us from the airport to the hotel, as well as, stop for pics at the Vegas sign, go to the liquor store and a quick cruise down the strip. I've read there are companies where you can rent the limo for an hour, but wondering with all the taxes, fees and tip, approximately what it might cost to do that. I don't want to break the bank before we even get to the hotel, lol! If anyone could provide some recent info on what they paid, what was included in the cost and which car company they used, it would be greatly appreciated!!!!! Thanks!!

2. airball1996

airball1996 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Presidential Limo.

/thread

3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah. Presidential does seem to get high marks from the board. And I've always been satisfied when I've used them.

Check out their website. They'll have prices listed for the various vehicles and services. If memory serves, a sedan is in the neighborhood of $50-55 from the airport to your hotel. An SUV is probably $60-65 and a limo, $70-75. A tip would be expected as well. $20 for a single or couple is plenty. Though more would be appropriate if you have a lot of luggage and/or have the driver make multiple stops.

It's a very pleasant way to begin your trip. The driver will meet you in the baggage claim area and will help you with your bags. You won't have to wait in the taxi line in the heat. And being able to stop for some booze or snacks will save you a fair amount of money if you're like me and can't resist the minibar.

4. Tammer

Tammer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the recommendations! Do the companies charge an extra fee for picking passengers up at the airport? There will be four of us with probably 8 bags total so wondering what an approximate cost might be. I will definitely check out the Presidential website :)

5. airball1996

airball1996 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $141 round trip for the 4 of you. Could be 1, could be 6....$141......

6. Tammer

Tammer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, thanks for that! Have you used them recently? Would that price include all the stops and drop off at our hotel?

7. jf3976

jf3976 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually arrange through the hotel, but I'm having a sedan (presidential) pick me up at Cosmo, then head to airport to get sister. All in all will have it for 2 hours. I expect to pay about $125 with tip. Larger vehicles increase in price. :) they have rates posted online - many of them do!

8. jf3976

jf3976 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, and rates are time based, so as long as your stops keep you in the allotted time frame, you're fine. Keep in mind there are walgreens and CVS on the strip. ;)

9. airball1996

airball1996 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use them every trip, and plan to book them again today.

I've had them make stops at the Welcome to Vegas sign, or to a liquor store to pickup supplies. I've even had them do the airport pickup, drop us off at our hotel downtown so we could check luggage, and then take us to a hotel mid strip. I'm sure there have been times where we've gone over our allotted hour, but not a word has been said about it.

10. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another vote for Presidential. Whenever we don't rent a car we use them. Always waiting at baggage claim, always on time (always early) for hotel pickup, always makes any stops we need. Highly recommended.

11. Tammer

Tammer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And for the $141, do they also take you back to the airport on your departure date?

12. airball1996

airball1996 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, that's what their website says.

13. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, round trip

14. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I rented one right at the airport one time. There was 6 of us all going downtown. I think it was $60 plus tip for an hour but it was like 5 years ago. Not sure what they charge now.

15. Tammer

Tammer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you so much everyone for all your help on this. I've decided to go ahead and book them; it definitely sounds like the way to go! :beer: Cheers!!

16. Tammer

Tammer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just returned from our Vegas trip and wanted to give a quick review of Presidential Limo service. We booked the $141 package that included round trip airport transportation and were very impressed with the service we received. Our driver was at the airport baggage carousel to meet us when we landed and helped us with all of our luggage. Our limo was not a stretch but an SUV type. It was very comfy and came with a rose and a chilled bottle of champagne. Our driver took us to the Las Vegas sign for pics and then on to our hotel. For the return trip to the airport, we had a different driver but like the first, he was very friendly, helpful and polite. I would highly recommend Presidential to anyone looking for limo service...we will definitely use them again as it was so nice not to have to deal with taxis, ie. long-hauling, cabbies telling you what the tip should be, or crazy driving! Very happy with the service and thanks to all who recommended them.

17. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if it's too late, but I recommend them as well. Just got back, and used them to surprise my group. Only bad thing was they were out of roses, their shipment got in late. :(
    Our driver texted me while I was still pulling up to the gate saying that he was there waiting for me. Even stopped at Walgreens on the way downtown. Both ways they gave us a little bit larger limo for no extra cost. Both drivers were really nice, and always helped us with our bags.

And, as a side note, they now have an Android app. Shows your reservations, and will even show where your driver is. Saw that they were about 5 min out for the return trip, and by the time I checked out, they were pulling up. Nice little cool factor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.