1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A Unique/Memorable Dining Experience--What Do You Suggest?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by vegas_or_bust, Apr 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want to surprise my wife on our upcoming trip with a memorable meal/dining experience. I am looking for suggestions regarding which restaurant may accomplish this goal (along with any insider tips to make it memorable). To provide some context, we dined in the Swan Court at Aureole a few years back, and my wife still raves about the food and the experience. Similarly, we had a table overlooking the fountains at the Eiffel Tower restaurant in the Paris hotel, which was also a great experience.

I have sent an email to the reservation line at "E" in the Cosmo, but I doubt they will have availability since our trip is only three weeks away. Any other recommendations (other than Joel Robuchon, which is a bit too pricey)?

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Le Cirque full degustation menu table 90 bottle of La Tache.

3. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This will be one expensive dinner. Did you ever get a chance to try a bottle of DRC?

4. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pia Zadora performs at Piero's on Friday and Saturday nights. Pia is on Facebook and perhaps you can message her that you are going on a certain night and ask if she could give a "shout out" to your wife during her performance.

Here is a link to Piero's: http://pieroscuisine.com/ and here is a link to Pia: https://www.facebook.com/pia.zadora.399?fref=ts

While nowhere as elegant, there is another spot that would definitely provide the "memorable" part - it is called Capo's Speakeasy. and when you pull up it looks like a boarded up abandoned mob hideout with a black limo parked in the lot with a mafia license plate. When you go to the
    door someone opens up a slot to give you the once over before allowing you in. Once inside, it is very dark with red leather booths - very old school Italian rat pack. There is a crooner who sings Sinatra style songs while you eat, and a waitress who looks like a gangster's moll.. As you exit, there is a chalk outline of a body on the floor. While the food is no Joel Rubechon, the place is certainly memorable:

Here is the Capo's website: http://caposrestaurant.com/about.html and here are some reviews on the place: http://www.yelp.com/biz/capos-italian-cuisine-las-vegas

One more thing - there is a lunch Groupon deal currently being offered for Capo's, but I don't know how "memorable" you really want to go lol : https://www.groupon.com/biz/spring-valley/dupe-capos-italian-steakhouse

5. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well, La Tache is from DRC. but no I haven't had a bottle from the Romanée-Conti vineyard yet.

hard to justify when I can get 2-4 bottles of La Tache for the same price.

6. vegas_or_bust

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This menu looks pretty awesome. Thoughts on how to reserve table 90? Through the restaurant directly? Through the concierge? Throug Mlife? Not sure if it matters, but I'm staying at the Aria on 3 nights comped (but I don't have a host).

7. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    email Ivo directly with your time, request table 90 and Maurice as your server.

[email protected]

8. Kari

Kari Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Foundation room at Mandalay is a unique place and offers
    some private small dining rooms. The view is astounding, and the
    collection of eclectic art is amazing. A rose and a piece of jewelry, (small and thoughtful, or blingy) is always
    romantic and memorable. I love that you care to plan a special dinner.
    Romance is alive!!! Cheers!

9. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sunset reservations at Top of The World.

Bill

10. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mmmm, Pinot.

11. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bartolotta @ Wynn. Get a table outside, and you may need the assistance of a walker after your wife is through with you. :)

12. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This isn't expensive. But, the Fireside Lounge at the Peppermill. More like a bar with food. But, if you're sitting at the fireplace it's very old school swanky. I loved it and would love to do it again.

13. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alize at Palms. Get a table at sunset and watch the strip light up at night.

If she liked Aureole, Alize is better. Order the Dover Sole or the duck.

14. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second Alize at the Palms, since they have great food and a good view of the whole Las Vegas strip. I really enjoyed their tasting menu and wine pairing.

I would also recommend eating on the patio at SW Steakhouse around 7:00 PM. Their Chili-Rubbed Double Ribeye is great and pretty huge. You get a great view of this on the patio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl7jDKO3yio

15. vegas_or_bust

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you everyone. There are some great ideas on here, some of which I would have never stumbled upon if not for your suggestions!

16. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you have a great and memorable evening!

One of the best dinners we've ever had was a patio table adjacent to the Bellagio fountains at Prime. Atmosphere, service and food were fantastic.

Also agree with patio seating at SW steakhouse.

Part of the deciding factor for me would hinge on where we are staying. Would much prefer walking back to the room at the end of the evening.

17. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While the view is nothing compared to Swan Court, the service atmosphere and food at Andres is outstanding in every aspect and if you are a Cognac or Cigar fan finishing at the Cognac room upstairs is a great way to chill after an outstanding meal..

18. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My vote is for Gordon Ramsay Steak. From start to finish, the food and drinks are wonderful. Ask for a table upstairs. They are more private.

19. sigsev

sigsev Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If Robuchon is definitely out then I would second shifter's suggestion of Le Cirque.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.