1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

17th and 18th May, why the price increase?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by decaturedave, Apr 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. decaturedave

decaturedave Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As per the tilte really, I am visiting in May, I know why my first weekend is more costly, the big fight, but why are the two above days also a little more costly on the strip?

2. Tokennut

Tokennut Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Canadian holiday... Probably a lot of us invading would be my first guess...

3. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like there's 2 big conventions 2 days prior. The FEI World Cup Finals, expecting 30K attendees and International Security Conference with 17K.

4. msujen12

msujen12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rock in Rio and ICSC.

5. slimmy28

slimmy28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The second weekend of Rock n Rio (Pop weekend I believe, Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, etc.), plus conventions, plus just a real popular time of the year. Add all of that up, it bodes well for hotels...not so much us looking for deals. Good luck though!

6. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We like May the best but this year went early April instead. Between the fight, Kentucky Derby, Cinqo de mayo first weekend...2 weekends of Rock in Rio, Memorial Day plus all the conventions...May is outrageous this year. Good for business in Vegas bad for bargain hunters.

7. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May is usually jammed packed. I stopped even looking at May for trips a long time ago because of all the conventions. There were times when Memorial Day was the cheapest time to come. There were some big ones that moved from Vegas or to different months but now with Rock In Rio and the like, they are jamming it back up with too much stuff.

8. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, by then all Canadian teams will be eliminated from the playoffs.:poke:

9. decaturedave

decaturedave Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all, it does seem May this year is particularly bad and the above expalins it. I always go this time of year, have most places booked in advance, have the GN downtown for those two nights, around $120 all in so that is not so bad.

10. GMS

GMS Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience has been that in May the weekend after fight/Kentucky Derby weekend is usually not too bad. That's 5/9-5/10 this year. I actually got an offer from Mlife for Mandalay Bay at $49 Fri/Sat and $19 Sun for that weekend.

11. slimmy28

slimmy28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think Rock n Rio is going to come close to the initial expectations that hotels and concert organizers originally had. I have heard several projections for these two weekends get readjusted downward. Having said that, it will still be pretty darn busy. I know where I work, many departments have put a freeze on PTO requests for May. Just one event right after another.

12. Topanga

Topanga Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, the Billboard Music Awards are at MGM on the 17th.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.