1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Interesting to notice how many here visit more than one hotel

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by hotreds, Apr 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reading the various TRs I find it very interesting to see how many of you stay at more than 1 hotel during your stay. It would seem to me to be a PITA to move from hotel to hotel, but apparently not. Just find this quite different than any trips I've taken!.....

2. Mooda

Mooda Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it's a hassle but the free rooms are worth I!!

3. WDMJB

WDMJB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since we come from Hawaii via Boyd's we always try to stay one night on the strip, at a different hotel each time.....
    But we're so spoiled with the tables downtown that we rarely play anything other that machines on the strip.. (Unless there's that rare beast, the $5 table!)

4. hotreds

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I very seldom do it (twice in my 40+ trips). But I will say that both times I found it to be much less a PITA than I figured it would be.

6. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes we will stay at more then one hotel when we are staying for a long time. Last Summer we stayed 3 nights at Aria, 3 nights at Venetian, and 3 nights at Mandalay Bay. It wasn't too big of a deal. We packed our bags with the idea that we would be moving so we had one bag for each hotel, with one bag for our toiletries that we needed at all the places. We would check out and then take a cab to the next hotel. The cab lines aren't long at around 11am, and the check in lines aren't to bad either. Being Mlife Gold helped out at Mlife places. Staying at 3 different parts of the main strip made us feel like we were on a couple different vacations. We also didn't have to walk up and down the strip as much in the bad heat.

7. hotreds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm actually liking the idea of spending time on both the Strip and downtown.

8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Comp-hopping. CET only seems to give you 3 nights max. Sometimes you can work around this.

9. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's really not that big of a deal to move, as we don't pack heavy anyway. First trip it was all Paris. Second was Paris, with one night in a suite at Mandalay Bay. Third was a weekend trip with the Friday Night at MB, Saturday/Sunday at Delano, and Harrah's Sunday Thru Tuesday. The last two had overlapping to primarily take advantage of offers the SO and I had (Harrah's was more to have a place to hang til the late flight than getting the FP). The only time we really had to lug the luggage (duffle bags, really) was to Delano (same property) and Harrah's to wait for the flight.

Next year, we plan on taking comped rooms on the Strip (maybe paying for a night or two in a Cosmo or Wynn), and then staying Downtown for maybe a night. We may or may not overlap again, depending on how much we want to donate in resort fees, haha.

10. woodsie

woodsie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't do it on short trips but for 4+ day long trips its a fun way to split your trip between downtown and the strip. The change of pace makes your vacation seem longer. 2 nights Downtown and 3 to 4 on the strip is my preference.

11. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

I think it really depends on your personality. Some people seem to think checking into a hotel is the worst experience of their life. I find it to be no big deal and I used to hotel jump every trip.

12. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup...following the comps.
    I am staying for two weeks starting Weds, my longest trip ever!
    Four hotels.
    Every time you move it is like a whole new trip![​IMG]

13. sandybeachbar

sandybeachbar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another comp chaser! This trip 10 days and 3 hotels (Caesars, Wynn and Palazzo) Most I have done is 5 in 15 days.

I don't find it hard and like different dining options without leaving the hotel.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  14. woody82986

woody82986 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I was to take a solo trip to Vegas, I would be packing light (probably just a backpack worth of stuff) and would love to stay at a couple different places during the stay. But my wife likes to pack half our house for trips so having to unpack and repack multiple times would be a chore. The actual check out/check in process doesn't ever seem to bother me though.

15. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did 3 for a 4 night trip, that was a little much...I will be doing 2 nights DT and 2 Strip this upcoming trip... Not that big of a deal.... though my wife will be with this time....may complicate things...

16. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I do it. Mostly to chase comps because I can't justify paying for a room with all the added fees when I have a free room out there just to not avoid the minor inconvenience of switching. But at times I do it just to try new stuff. I see fewer trip to Vegas in my future so splitting hotels let me get more new experiences in.

17. garfan

garfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    getting older, so by staying at opposites ends of the strip, I don't end up walking as much
    I also travel very light (just carry on-I can fit a lot of stuff in a knapsack), so its not a bigger for me to change rooms

18. VPDana

VPDana High-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have changed hotels only once in order to take advantage of comped rooms. We would not like to do it again. Once settled into a room, we're there to stay. We have been staying 6 nights; this next trip is for 7. Luckily, all nights are comped at The Cal.

19. hotreds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So do you just take a taxi between hotels? Also, if you have an airport limo would they p/u and d/o at different hotels?

20. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last 3 trips I've stayed at different hotels.

1.) Vdara then Mandalay Bay (3 nights and 5 nights, took a taxi)

2.) Mandalay Bay and Signature (1 night and 3 nights, walked it, kind of regretted it)

3.) Luxor and Delano (1 night and 3 nights, took a taxi... kidding... :eek:)

My next trip is 1 night at the Mirage and 3 nights at Aria. Going to take a taxi for that move. I chase the comps but always consider time wasted/money saved/etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.