1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Leaving on a Jet Plane...

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by hawki39, Apr 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawki39

hawki39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sunday...Our 1st Vegas Trip.:nworthy::beer::thumbsup: I probably won't sleep much tonight. Everything is packed NO worries about bad weather, this time!!!:thumbsup: Prepaid the Shuttle roundtrip to the Four Queens.
    We are planning to have 2 or more hours to get through BWI security. I am hoping I will be feeding a VP machine by 11:30pm Sunday.

I have two quick questions; can my wife pack a can of hair spray in her suitcase? Can I carry on a spare battery to keep a phone or kindle charged..biggest output 5v 2.1A? We are flying SWA with early bird we got A38 & A39 seating group. I will write a Virgin Vegas TR...Hoping my wife's luck travels well and I get some beginners Karma. :beer::thumbsup:

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spare battery....always have one in my purse with no issues. Hairspray? Checked or carry-on? Carry-on....no / daughter was ok one trip with a can in her checked bag....another time it was confiscated and they left her a note in her bag..... Must be hit or miss on that one....

3. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hairspray is flammable. I use it in my potato cannon. TSA doesn't like flammable gases in carry on not checked bags and they may snag it. Best bet is to not take it and buy a can there. Plenty of places in Vegas to do so.

4. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, hairspray is a no-no for carry-on for sure. The battery pack is no big deal. I have the same thing(external battery), and have never had any issues at security.

Good luck, and look forward to reading your TR. I always stay downtown, and want to see what a new person thinks of it.

5. mardaho

mardaho Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never had a problem with a small can of hairspray in my carryon...never even thought of it...leaving in a week may have to think on that one, I guess the worse thing is I'm out a small can of hairspray!!

6. Kupkakez

Kupkakez Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always carry a small carry on sized hairspray. Never been an issue.

7. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Easier to just buy a can at Walgreens when you get there rather than go through a hassle.

8. jf3976

jf3976 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aerosol toiletries are allowed in checked bags "in limited quantities", I've never had a problem bringing a couple full size cans in my checked bag, but YMMV.

9. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    safe travels, have fun and win some $$! TSA is always hit and miss so I just buy everything at destination of there is any doubt.

10. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just pack non-aerosol hairspray in your checked luggage.
    :beer:
    Good Luck!

11. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    15 -20 minutes may seem like 2 hours, but BWI security is not THAT bad. Being a lifelong male, I'm baffled by the hairspray thing.:rolleyes2: Follow the rules, follow instructions, keep quiet and you will have no problems.

12. Jane42

Jane42 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Four Queens was the first place I stayed at when I visited Vegas - loved it! Enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.