1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Suggestions for YOUNG first timers

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Suekel, Apr 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I have been promising our great nephew for over a year that when he turned 21 we'd take him to Vegas for his first time. Well, Apr 3rd he turned 21 so true to our word we just booked a trip for mid May. We are also taking along our great niece (his cousin) who is turning 23 next week.

The agreement we made is that since we are paying everything - airfare, room, meals and even a small daily gambling budget for each of them - we ask that they actually hang out with us for the most part, let us show them around and teach them how to gamble and basically "do" Vegas. They readily agreed to this and claim they WANT to hang out with us.

We are sharing a room; they grew up frequently crashing in the same bed and said they are fine with it again, or worst case niece can sleep with me and nephew with husband. We were considering getting them their own room but both Moms said they'd feel better knowing that we'd know when they are in safe for the night, so fine.

All that being said, we are not unreasonable people and understand that young adults their age want to see some of what Vegas has to offer for them. So we'd like to have them be able to do something age appropriate, plus it will give us some time to hang at the bar playing hours of VP like the degens that we really are.

We get in late on a Friday night, I'm thinking of reserving limo service as a surprise. Checking into Bally's Jubilee Tower Two Queen room. Since we won't even check in til around midnight (2AM and 3AM local times for us), we'll probably just have some drinks, maybe do a short strip stroll so they can see the crowds and lights and all that, and then crash.

Saturday we'll walk one direction of the strip, visiting each property, gambling a little, etc. Saturday evening we're going to have dinner at MB and then take them up to Mix for cocktails with a killer view.

Sunday is when I'm thinking of sending them off on their own, and it occurred to me a day club/pool party might be right up their alley. Now, I'd rather eat bees than go to one myself, but I bet they'd love it. So my first question (finally!!): What needs to happen for them to get in? My niece is very attractive and petite and no doubt could get on the guest list anywhere without blinking, but she will have her 6'2" defensive lineman cousin with her. Also a good looking kid, but we know the clubs aren't looking for dudes. What kind of cost would we be looking at, and would it need to be booked in advance? If a promoter approaches her to offer passes (last time we brought cute 20 something girls it happened a LOT) can she ask if she can bring him?

Worst case they can certainly hang out at the pool all day at Bally's but it will hardly be a party scene, I know.

Any other suggestions of things we can send them off to do on their own?

And before anyone says "For god sakes they are adults let them run wild the whole time" etc etc, they can do that all they want when they pay their way to Vegas. This trip is about us spending time with them in one of our favorite places (they mostly grew up away from where we live so we've not had tons of together time over the years), and showing them the ropes.

2. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    two things:
    1. I would get them a room (or rooms) that adjoin yours.
    2. I would let them know that they are certainly free to explore, hit a nightclub...whatever...but the expense of that would be theirs, and you expect them back at the room by, say, 3AM. (You can leave the adjoining doors open!)

The day-club thing sounds like a good idea...I have no idea what it would cost...but I'm pretty sure that any expense incurred would be solely for your nephew!
    Good luck.. :beer:

Annual Spring Trip!
  3. jammer23

jammer23 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd recommend them taking the bus to downtown Fremont Street Experience on Saturday around 5pm. It's lively and fun. There are people are singing on stages, dancing, and free light show. Then, come back at 9pm and go to Omnia nightclub inside Caesars.

On Sunday, have a nice brunch at Caesars and then go hangout at the pool.

4. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Call the PayTriple hotline.

5. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Get them at the very least their own room, I think it would be uncomfortable for you all to be sharing a room, even if not for you, maybe for them (even if they don't tell you). Rooms are cheap enough that it would not be a huge extra expense. They are adults and even though you guys want to spend time with them, they are going to want to do their own thing and if they are forced to do what you guys want to do, it may leave a negative impression.

Im sure PayTriple has some suggestions that would be very fun for them.

6. sigsev

sigsev Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well Drai's is across the street and has the whole dayclub/nightclub thing covered. Marquee is close as well in the Cosmo. If some promoter wants your niece in just tell her to say her brother has to come too. If they won't let them both in your niece shrugs and gets back in line. Either they'll relent or she's back where she started.

I agree with getting them their own adjoining room.

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah, they really need their own room.

4 people crammed into a single QQ room is not fun for anyone.

aside from the fact that you guys are going to keep completely different hours, I'm sure.

honestly you seem a bit naïve to think that they are going to want to hang with you most of the time.

definitely plan things to do together, but you can't suffocate them.

8. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    double post.

10. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With the greatest respect to PayTriple, I would not let my niece within a mile of him and his cucumbers. :peace:

11. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh dear God, my niece LOVES Pauly D, I may have to look into this. I'd be willing to pay entry but they are on their own for drinks. She works and his parents have more money than God, so they can make do.

I will consider the adjoining room idea. Point taken on that count.

12. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think for Sunday, don't over [pan it, just let them pick something they want to do and if you can get them a comp or discount with your play level?
    then offer to help them out

but yeah let them have some first time alone on the Strip fun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.