1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The best bar in all of Nevada...

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Vegas Insight, Apr 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    (And yes, I should have titled it the most iconic bar.)

....is Stage Door, according to Thrillist, whatever that is.

https://www.yahoo.com/food/the-most-iconic-bar-in-every-state-and-dc-116323911581.html

Agree or disagree?

I have never been there. Ever. Walked by it more than a few times. Perhaps I'll have to stop there on my visit next month. Is it ever a hassle to park there?

What do you order when you visit the celebrated Stage Door?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And although it has nothing to do with Vegas: Did Thrillist get it right for your state?

I'm in Minnesota, and while CC Club is a fine, come-one-come-all bar, I'm tired of hearing how precious the selection is on the old school jukebox. I'm not sure what I'd vote for instead, but it wouldn't be Nye's.

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Disagree. Looked like a major dump to me, and I felt stupid for stepping in there at 5am on a Friday night and was happy not to get mugged.

As for my state, no idea, it's in KC and I've never been there.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  3. Imperial_Palace_King

Imperial_Palace_King High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been in there before maybe once or twice. It's definitely stood the test of time. I'm surprised they didn't pick the Genoa Bar in Genoa, NV. It's the oldest bar in the state and is still very popular. There's also a few machines inside. I think they're all VP.

http://www.genoabarandsaloon.com/

4. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    place is a dump aspiring to be a dive. smokey and smelly and may not be the best bar in vegas,
    but you want to get a start on a drunk before you hit the strip this is the place for you.

shots run from $2-4, they often have a dollar beer special..... cash only...

5. sigsev

sigsev Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm partial to Frankie's Tiki Bar. I guarantee you an $8 mai tai there will get your more drunk than four jager shots or whatever you can buy for $8 at Stage Door.

6. harley777

harley777 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Frankie's gets my vote then dive bar Double Down. Last time at Double Down had a noon to 5pm happy hour M -F $2.00 any drink. Was drinking Grey Goose and cranberry huge glass for $2. Best deal ever. My buddy was throwing up at the end of it. To much "ass juice".

7. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good choice!!! Too many think Las Vegas is ALL of Nevada. The Genoa Bar is a good, as is The JT in Gardnerville and The Old Globe in Carson City. Personally, I love some of the bars in Lovelock, Winnemucca, Battle Mountain (Owl Club), Elko and Ely. Rural Nevada is a real treat to travel and drink/relax.

8. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Double Down Saloon( days afternoons). My Cousin Vinnys( ANYTIME) and I can name COUNTLESS others.. But those 2 were the 1st that came into my mind.

9. sampson

sampson Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stagedoor rules..

10. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Franks tiki bar, double down, almost anything on fremont east and Gold Spike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.