1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MLife Gold vs Platinum

Discussion in 'Comps' started by luckydude, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luckydude

luckydude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anybody noticed a difference in their MLife offers going up to platinum from gold? I am currently gold and have been for a few years. The offers I get are okay but not as good as some that I see here on the VMB. If my wife and I concentrated our play, dining etc to MLife properties we can earn the 200,000 tier credits needed for Platinum. Currently we bounce around with our play and dining. The additional perks like a 15% vs 10% shopping discount and 30% vs 20 points bonus aren't enough to motivate us but better offers can possibly win more of our loyalty. Typical offers now are 3 free nights plus $100-$250 free play and $50-$150 resort credits and BOGO on the show tickets. These offers are for Mirage, Ballagio, Mandalay and Aria.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two things.

1 - Offers are tied to your play, and NOT your tier level.

2 - Put all your play on one card. You look like a higher level player.

3. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will get a better standard tier discount at Platinum than at Gold. But nostresshere is absolutely right -- if your'e Gold, but you're getting there because you're a player, you will get better offers than someone (like me) who makes Platinum because of hotel spend. Your play level sounds pretty solid -- do you have a host at any of the properties? Worth hooking up with one.

4. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to agree with nostresshere, put all your play on one card, you will see better offers. DH & I followed that advice a couple years ago and were getting similar offers to what you receive now and with our play on one card we now get much better offers (Corp offer at any MLife property: 3 free nights, $450FP, $350FB, limo and 2 free show tickets). We are slot players so it may vary depending on the games you play.

5. luckydude

luckydude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Over the years I have had two different hosts at the Mirage one retired and the other is now at Aria. I stopped using a host because it let me feel less obligated and free to move my play around. We usually visit Vegas twice a year and we started to alternate our yearly trips between MLife and CET such that each year we would stay once at MLife and once at a CET property. The last several years we started going for 6 nights a trip with 3 nights at each CET and MLife and doing this twice a year. What happened is that the CET offers have been getting worse but the MLife offers remained good. My thoughts now are would we be better off not trying to serve two masters anymore and since MLife is treating us better shift all our play over to MLife with the hopes of even better offers. This would bring our tier status from gold to platinum which is why I asked if others experience of going from gold to platinum has improved their offers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.