1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Corner Suite Comp

Discussion in 'Comps' started by TrunksFull, Apr 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrunksFull

TrunksFull Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recently was downgraded from Platinum to Gold and that is likely the reason that my Aria offer has gone from the corner suite to a standard room in my most recent offer.

I don't have a host relationship at Aria as I do at other MGM properties. When I spoke to the representative and booked the room, she suggested I call back a week or so before to see if I could get upgraded.

What would be my best course of action to try to get a corner suite?

Thanks

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the color of your card has no impact.

the reason for the downgrade is the lower play that led to the lower card.

I would call back and try to talk to a host.

3. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Maybe book it at an upgrade charge and see if you can get it comped on the backend?

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rule #1 : Offers/comps are tied to your average play.

#2 - They are not tied to your tier/card level.

#3 - See rule #1

5. TrunksFull

TrunksFull Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, my sincerest apologies for messing up the reason for the downgrade in offer. You would really have thought that someone coming here and asking for help/advice would have the exact same knowledge as people with 8000+ posts on a Las Vegas message board.

My question is - would you reach out to a host and how would you do it? I have tried this a couple times with aria and had no success. And this is when I was playing a lot at Aria. I feel bad doing it now when I have made only one trip there in the last year.

If not I am left to upgrading with a generic rep over the phone which did not sound promising. Even though I am willing to pay to upgrade. If I go this route, can I call now and request upgrade (trip is in June)? The last person I spoke to said to call a week before.

Thanks.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope you have better luck than one time we wanted to PAY for an upgrade. We had a comp room and even a limo from the airport. At the counter, I asked to upgrade to the lowest level suite, and how much. After consulting half the staff, they came back with $300 or so per night. I passed, even though we had over $2k in express comps available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.