1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

best chicken/veal parm downtown Vegas

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Mr.Paul, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Paul

Mr.Paul Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all! Will be at the D in a couple months. Sucker for a great parm dish. From what I am reading the best chicken parm downtown is at the triple George? Unless somebody knows of something better... How about a veal option? Not afraid to venture off the beaten path if its within walking distance. Or would I have to be at the strip for this..

2. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great question, I'm curious too.

I can't recall even seeing Chicken Parm offered at the restaurants I frequent downtown.

"Vital Vegas" swears by the parm at Triple George's and it's on my bucket list. But I'd love to hear of other reviews too.

It may be a short cab drive or a long walk but Rumdranker posted a trip report (https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?116997-Super-Cheap-Little-Downtown-Trick-Feb1-4&highlight=speakeasy) about Capo's Restaurant and Speakeasy. It's a bit off Fremont Street but it sounds intriguing. It has chicken parm on it's menu. It's also on my Vegas bucket list.

http://www.caposrestaurant.com/

3. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's one thing I never did downtown... Saved that for off strip and strip houses. But even those places didn't have it that much out there..

4. Mr.Paul

Mr.Paul Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Capo's looks interesting. I wonder how much veal they sell in order to rotate stock and keep it fresh. It's an east coast thing for the most part.. and even living in jersey it's such hit or miss and ends up being chewy unless the place sells a lot of it. I did see the vital vegas piece about george's chicken parm... I will deff try it out and report back to you guys in June. It's going to be so tempting though not to just settle for a basic dish of chicken parm with so many incredible things on the menu.. Guess i'll have to eat there twice lol. I almost feel like vegas has so many incredible food options I don't want to waste a single meal on some ordinary chow I can get anywhere ya know? I'm like planning my eating schedule way in advance!

5. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't had the chicken parmigiana at Triple George, so I can't compare the two, but I enjoyed the chicken parmigiana at Chicago Joes. It's not a real fancy place, but the food is good, and many locals working at the downtown courts eat there. It's on 4th street a block away from the Pawn Stars shop. I'd suggest this place for a casual meal, but if you are looking for something more formal, Triple George is likely a better option.

6. marcianofan

marcianofan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're staying at the D, check out andiammos menu on the D's website. Not sure if they have chicken parm but they do have many different dishes. Chicago joes sounds interesting, they get good reviews, simple menu and sound meals. That's one place off LVB that I never would've found in a million years but think I'll try next month.

7. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are venturing to the Strip.....Rao's in Caesars has a terrific veal parm. It's huge!

8. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best hands down none in veal parm is at Sinatra! Melts in your mouth. 2nd is Alegro.
    It is a must try!

9. Oxygenator

Oxygenator Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the best Veal or Chicken Parm Downtown is at the Grotto in Golden Nugget, they even have eggplant parm if that's your thing. Last time I had it at triple George it was overcooked and salty.

10. Mr.Paul

Mr.Paul Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it better be huge for 52 dollars holy crap lol

11. TheCooler

TheCooler Professional Gambler and the Best Football Handica

12. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rip off city.... Go to any of the well known off strip Italian houses and should pay a LOT less...

13. Mafioso

Mafioso Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chicago Joes is Fantastic
    I love the Lobster Louey

14. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Andiamo does not have chicken parm. It is an odd fusion of North and South. Parm is definitely southern Italian but a lot of chefs look down on fried anything. That said, Andiamo is great and I highly recommend the place.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.