1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Car Air Conditioner Repair

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by schwaiguy, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schwaiguy

schwaiguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone know the name of a good auto air conditioner repair shop, preferably near the Hard Rock?

I remember a radio commercial, but not the name.

Thanks,

schwaiguy

2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know one NOT to use, who messed up an AC unit on a vehicle this couple I knew took to them.

I do not know the name, but it's just north of DI at Valley View, just west of the Strip/expressway.

3. Sam D

Sam D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had my A/C break down last year when I barely started my drive to Vegas from L,A. I had to shut the A/C off and drive 4.5 hours in temperatures as high as 108. The next day I took it to Moore's Superior Automotive which is near the Rio and Gold Coast Hotels. They had previously done some minor auto work for me and I had a high regard for them. It wasn't cheap but the price was fair and the work was completed the same day. The A/C now works better than ever.

Here is a link to their info and my Yelp review:
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/moores-superior-automotive-las-vegas-2

4. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you try to check your refrigerant? There is a product called Ez Chill or AC Pro sold at Walmart and auto parts stores, for about $25 you get a can of refrigerant and a hose with a gauge to see if you are low. I had a slow leak in an old Volvo and it was a couple of cans of this or a 8 hour job to replace a $150 evaporator unit.

5. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have that stuff with a leak stopper "IF" it's a slow leak, it might work.

Most times a unit just needs to be charged and it's a no brainier for the DIY gal or guy.........it either works or not.......but worth the $25 gamble before pay someone in the high hundreds or low thousands....especially if your jalopy is worth less then the repair cost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.