1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria room upgrade worth it?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by kathy38, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kathy38

kathy38 Tourist

Staying at Aria for the first time in June for 3 nights Thurs-Sun. It's an additional $115 total to upgrade from deluxe king to city view deluxe king at booking. Is it worth the extra $$ to do it now or better to take my chances and hope for a better deal at check in? Is it worth it?

Thanks!

2. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually prefer the mountain view over the city view at Aria. Neither view are really that good so i would just ask for a high floor at check in.

3. gabeoak

gabeoak Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Bommen. For the city view you could easily end up in a room that is in the northern curve, with a bed oriented such that when your drapes magically open, a beautiful view of.... the Monte Carlo... is staring back at you.

4. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No way is it worth it. The view at Aria is one of its biggest weaknesses because of the number of buildings that block most of the city views.

5. chico7800

chico7800 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    maybe if it was a corner suite

6. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For just a city view? Absolutely not. If this was a suite upgrade for three nights I'd jump on it, but depending when you're going you may be able to be put into a city view just by asking at check-in.

7. kathy38

kathy38 Tourist

Sooo glad I asked this question! :) I will spend the $115 on something else....or see what they offer at check-in. Thanks for the good info!

8. gabeoak

gabeoak Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To chico's point. The corner suites are VERY much worth it. One of the best room products in town. (Setting service levels/amenities/perks aside and strictly speaking of the physical product.)
    If you do spring for a corner, I do recommend you know if Marquee is oontzing away during your stay. If so, be sure you get a corner on the south end of aria or on a west spine to avoid the bass-thump.

9. kathy38

kathy38 Tourist

Good info, thank you. The corner suite at time of reservation is $1300 more than the deluxe king....so I won't be doing that now! I'm sure that is not a "$20 trick" type upgrade, but i can always ask at check-in what they have to offer. By looking at the rate calendar, our Fri/Sat rates are $169 so it doesn't look like a peak weekend.

Appreciate the advice - never stayed at Aria before, been a Mirage person (almost went back there) and tried Encore last time.

10. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As someone who just completed a two-night stay at The Mirage (because of a convention we were attending) and then switched to Aria for a three-night stay, you are in for a treat. Aria is on another level not only from a service and facilities standpoint but also clientele.

11. chico7800

chico7800 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    many times at check in they will allow you to upgrade to corner suite for either the $20 trick or i think $50 a night. Obv YMMV

12. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to be too picky, but a view of the Monte Carlo would be if you are on the southern end of "the curve"

13. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's really not worth that much per night. A couple of years ago you could get an upgrade to a Corner Suite for $50/night.

14. gabeoak

gabeoak Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To clarify. Some of the city views in the northern wing have a view of veer and Monte Carlo. If your headboard is to the left as you enter the room it could be that while laying in bed you see much more of Monte looking back at you than veer. I've had that view a few times.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.