1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Only 1 Reward Hotel night per trip.

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by hondo230, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hondo230

hondo230 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife read that starting April 1st, you can only redeem 1 reward night. That is it, whether you stay @ 1 or more than 1 property.

Rewards are useless now for most people. There aren't any that are worth playing for, IMHO.

2. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shouldn't you have a source to reference for this information before recklessly posting it? Where did your wife read this?

3. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is a huge bummer. At least im going with friends and we all play so hopefully we can all get a room in our own name.. still a big pain but what can you do its free..

It was a good run with MyVegas, but with it being out for so long now and so many players, the value was bound to be deflated eventually, now that time has come..

4. georgesken

georgesken Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Effective April 1st, all comp room rewards from all MGM properties will be limited to one redemption per trip. This change was necessary to ensure an appropriate balance of value between our players and our partners. Rewards offered through myVEGAS are provided by our rewards partners who may at their discretion attach certain restrictions based on their business needs.

For players who purchased a comp room reward from MGM prior to the change of terms: you will be allowed to redeem under the previous terms on the reward. Just read your confirmation email for the exact terms and conditions of your reward.

5. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The reward values have REALLY gone down hill over the last 12 months. All good things must come to an end I suppose.

I'm already not playing much anymore. I still have 450,000 LPs to use and I'll have a hard time using those.

6. killswamper23

killswamper23 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what constitutes a trip? one room per 30 days?

7. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So now they still expect you to stay 3 nights to redeem the $50 free play for example? That just lost any value really then unless you're already a comp player there.

8. rebirth

rebirth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good thing I redeemed them early.

Vegas 2024 Part 1
  9. bwatson23

bwatson23 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To be fair, it's worth noting that this is only MGM properties, according to the release. I know Red Rock is way out there, but that's certainly a great property.

10. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where is this posted?

11. bwatson23

bwatson23 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  12. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like with anything in life...All good things come to an end.

MGM capitalized tremendously with the myvegas game. They got people to come to Vegas during a very slow time. They used the, some bucks are better than no bucks mentality (and won).

They don't need the myvegas game anymore. Visitations to Las Vegas are at an all time high. Expect more cut backs from MGM.

Myvegas has no choice but to evolve. If it plans to survive. Who knows....Mydisney or Mycancun....

13. markr520

markr520 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you go to the rewards on the game now, there are no comped rooms for MGM properties. So lucky my wife and I redeemed a couple weeks ago for our trip in June.

14. ohiostate241

ohiostate241 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most likely it is due to a programming change that will be updating their new policy of one per trip

15. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd assume they pulled the rewards until tomorrow when the new restrictions come into play. Hopefully new dates are released at the same time.

16. markr520

markr520 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This all makes sense since rewards had to be redeemed by 30 June.

17. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a serious blow. A real game changer. My girlfriend and I were pretty much exclusive to MGM properties while using myVegas room comps. Now it looks like after this next trip we will be looking into any resort for our stay. Chances are, it will most likely not be a MGM property. Treasure Island and some of Caesar's properties area looking like top contenders. MGM Resorts may have just lost any of our business. Such a shame. Oh well.

18. Thickskinnedalive

Thickskinnedalive Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just checked the rewards and all MGM comp rooms have disappeared. The discounted rooms are there but not the comped one. 1AM EST

19. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I only used the comped rooms once about 3 years ago for MGM - when they had the Grand King rooms as a comp. The rewards have really disappeared over the last 2 years or so. But I still play for the buffets and the shows. I get great rates and a free night here or there from mlife for hotels. Make sure you register your card through mlife to check offers. The disappearance of the room comps will not effect me. But I am sure the dining and the shows will continue to decline. We got front row tickets to O once through myvegas completely free - now what is it a 25% discount.

20. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got about 1.4 million LP's left and probably 16 million tokens. Not sure how I'll ever spend them now although I don't need a room anyways as I seem to get comped there anyways but it would have been an easier way to burn through the LP's.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.