1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Table ratings when coloring combined chips

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by Turtleman, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry if the title sounds confusing - I'm certainly confused. During our last stay at the Orleans, I noticed I hadn't accumulated anywhere near the number of table tier points I should have. (We have separate cards.) In fact, I didn't receive any points for three consecutive days, while Ms. Gecko got double what she expected. (We typically play and bet the same; and if anything, I play and bet more.) I finally asked a pit critter about it who explained that when we push out our chips and say "color us up together," they combine our ratings onto one of our cards ... her card! We always hand in both our cards when we sit down.

We've been coloring up together for years, and that was the first I noticed this little "quirk." Is this something new? Since then, we've been coloring separately. I always thought ratings depended solely on average bet over time for each player. Now I'm not so sure. Comments?

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that's fairly normal.

a lot of people play and ask to be rated together.

if you color up together, they assume it's the same money stack.

3. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get what you're saying, but just to clarify: we never said we wanted to be rated together; we were just trying to make things a little simpler and faster for the dealer by combining our chips when coloring. (We also have different last names on the cards.) We figured they should have already known what we were betting and for how long, and expected to be rated separately. The amount we cashed out shouldn't have been a factor, but we learned our lesson. Who knows, this might have been going on for years, though we check our points daily and usually aren't surprised.

4. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When it comes to being rated, feel free to always clarify which card in your case, what bet levels and tiime played also.
    Can be no big deal or they can be way off.

5. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would this cause her "actual" win to be large?

6. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm confused also. I never thought that your color up affects your rating. I always thought that your avg. bet is what they use to rate you, regardless of what you bought in or colored up.

The reason I say this is because one time it looked like the pit boss was inputting buy-in data to my position on the craps table when in reality the buy-in was made by the person next to me. It was not a first time buy in but rather he was buying in a 2nd time because his first buy-in was depleted.

So I mentioned this to the boxman because I didn't want to be credited for some other poor soul's buy-in, thinking it would affect the guys rating.

The boxman explained "No worries. We rate on avg. bet made, not the amt. of the buy-in."

With that being said, do they (pit critters) compare your buy-in to your color out to decide how much you've lost (or won) and consequently rate you accordingly? It seems to conflict from what I've been told.

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The two are mutually exclusive.

Yes they track your buy in and color up. They do this to track your actual win/loss.

But that doesn't affect your avg bet and time rating, which determines your theo.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.