1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Restaurants that consistently meet your approval?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Dan_Tanna, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan_Tanna

Dan_Tanna Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello,

I was reviewing the thread regarding restaurants that were disappointing. It was interesting that while some posters had good experiences at one location, another diner had a bad experience at the very same location. It seems that no place can bat 1.000.

That said, which restaurants would you say more or less meet your expectations on a consistent basis? I don't expect a 100% approval rate, but something like 80% plus success rate.

I'll start out. I'm a low roller and I don't really like trying out the latest celebrity restaurants. Something about paying $25 or more for a burger and fries turns me off. I've had good experiences at the PH cafe, Le Burger Brassiere and Golden Nugget Cafe.

Thanks,
    Dan.

2. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Top of my list would be Joe's Stone Crab. Always had friendly good service, the food has always been very good, and I love that the atmosphere is very dynamic. I've been there for business dinners in a suit, on vacation in a polo and shorts, and everything in between, and I never felt out of place.

Other than that, the only other place that pops into my mind is Cheesecake Factory (I know GASP!!). I'm not saying that it's the best meal ever every time, but it's very consistent. I know exactly what to expect every time I eat here, and it's very consistent with its service and food. I know it's a chain so the food is pretty "paint by numbers" and hard to screw up, but there are plenty of chain restaurants that you eat at that are hit or miss, so it's not a given. Again not saying it's the best meal ever or the greatest restaurant in Vegas, but if I find myself there, I know I'm going to have a decent meal and experience.

3. Bgoll279

Bgoll279 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would put Grand Lux in Venetian in the same category. It is not the fanciest place we go by a long shot, but consistently good, it both food and service. We have particularly good for breakfast. I would assume other meals are good too.

4. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Charlie Palmer Steak, Fleur, Wynn Country Club, SW Steakhouse.

5. sandybeachbar

sandybeachbar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. IMO they have been consistent in all meals I have had(which were many) as opposed to some much higher end restaurants.

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ahhhhh....a novel concept around here... a positive spin on this... BRAVO!

I consistently get good meals at FU and Culinary Dropout (both at Hard Rock) I eat at each of these a couple times monthly. I also eat frequently at Yellowtail in Bellagio and LOVE it, as well as Triple George downtown.

7. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a +1 on Joe's. I'm always happy getting a surf and turf and love their desserts. It's funny how some people confuse Joe's Stone Crab and Joe's Crab Shack...

8. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We hit The Pub in Monte Carlo each trip. Food and beer selection is great. Service has been iffy a couple of times but in general, its a great option.

9. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Definitely Joe's. I also agree with Grand Lux. I'll add Sage, Jean Georges, BurGR and Carnegie Deli.

10. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 on the Grande Luxe. They serve a fantastic breakfast too.

In my opinion the Cheesecake Factory is about as bad as a restaurant can get, absolutely the worst ever. My daughters dragged me to every one we came across when they were growing up. Long waits, horrible service and food, overpriced. Only decent thing on the menu is the cheesecake and I don't eat dessert. See! We can't all agree!

I will add Brand steakhouse at Monte Carlo and Canal Street at the Orleans. Never been disappointed at either.

11. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Isn't Grand de Luxe and Cheesecake Factory almost the same thing? I agree that the Grand de Luxe is slightly better but pretty much the same concept and food, being sister chains and all.

12. JB in MN

JB in MN Low-Roller

Jaleo in Cosmo. Just ate there last night, i think I've been 6 times now and every meal has been fantastic.

13. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alize at the Palms.
    Tripadvisor
    294 excellents
    Terrible 18

That is a 16 to 1 ratio of darn good to darn bad.

For a comparison I give you two restaurants I have never eaten at but I know their view is squat compared to Alize.
    Joel Rubochon
    excellent 346
    Terrible 17
    a 20 to 1 ratio

Gordon Ramsey Steak
    Excellent 1325
    Terrible 121

An 11 to 1 ratio

14. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spago, 3 visits, 3 great meals, awesome service. Actually have not had a dissapointing meal at any Puck spots in LV I have been to. Cut and Postrio and (name escapes me)- the one at MGM being the other three.

15. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, here are the vegas places I have eaten at that are consistently good:
    Burger Bar
    Robuchon
    Julian Serrano
    Jean Georges
    Noodles
    Bellagio Snack Bar
    Café Bellagio
    Mizumi
    Zossacrackers

There are other places I like very much also, but have had the occasional mediocre dish. But I would say every meal I have ever had at the restaurants above were consistently good

I Need Spa
  16. SDSteve

SDSteve Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mon ami Gabi, CPK (believe it or not), Society Cafe

17. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our most consistent has been Boarder Grill. Caveat, we only do Sunday brunch.

18. The Ost

The Ost Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Noodle Exchange at the Gold Coast.

It is not a fancy place, and not a dinner destination. It is a lunch or takeaway option. Good portions, good prices. Never disappoints.

19. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny! Yes they are run by the same group but different menu. Different experience too. CF has many more outlets and seems to be run by idiots. The closest one to me is in Natick, MA and averages a 2 hour wait for food that is truly awful. Either undercooked, over cooked or just sucks. The help there never stays more than a few weeks then they quit due to low pay, bad working conditions. It's a grind joint.

Whatever they to at the Luxe Cafe they do well. I've only eaten breakfast there.

20. Riders

Riders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Craftsteak. I always have a great meal there.

I keep seeing Joe's Stone Crab come up and I keep thinking the only Joe's Stone Crab is in Miami. Been to that one a few times. Anyone been to both and can compare?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.