1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I'm jonesing for Hawai'i

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got it bad, too.

2. starlight0229

starlight0229 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me too! Leaving for there three weeks from today (with a few days in Vegas on the way). Can't wait!

3. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not until early November.

4. Hawaiianmark

Hawaiianmark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here I be.

5. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where's everyone headed (or based)?

I did Oahu and the BI last October. Hoping we can sneak over in May.

6. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will do Kaanapali Beach, Kaanapali Beach Hotel on Maui again this year.

7. Needmeavegasgettaway

Needmeavegasgettaway Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in Hawaii and I'm jonesing for Vegas.

8. Topanga

Topanga Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in Hawaii too and heading to Vegas in May. :wave:

9. Needmeavegasgettaway

Needmeavegasgettaway Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Headed there in April [emoji112][emoji112]

10. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only been twice now, both times to Waikiki... of course, when we return all our friends tell us that's the "worst place we can go... that they have a quiet little place on Kaua'i where you won't see a sole for days." and the like. We don't like that, we like being around people when we vacation. We should branch out and check other places, but have been super happy with staying at the Hyatt there in the middle of it all.

I hope Southwest starts service there soon... I have a gazillion points!

11. starlight0229

starlight0229 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm headed to Ka'anapali Beach too. It's our first time to Hawaii and after the winter we had I'm really looking forward to it.

12. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    smart, are you saying you don't like what you've never experienced????? :poke:

13. JB in MN

JB in MN Low-Roller

Funny seeing this. I'm in LAS wrapping up a two night stopover on my way to Kona. Im on tapatalk sitting on the commuter to LAX it's having maintenance issues and nine of us are gambling Delta will hold the plane for us.

14. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, actually I guess I "fear" solitude! We went to a bed and breakfast or bread and breakfast... whatever the hell they call them over in Mendocino one time and my wife and I were dying the first night. I've never been so bored!!!! We found a bar a little north of there in Casper (I think that's it, before Ft. Bragg) and it had a live band!!! Wasn't any of the string and cello crap either... good old rock & roll. We went back the next 2 nights as well.
    This place was an old bordello, according to the manager and they get bands coming up the coast between LA, SF, Portland and Seattle. They saved our vacation!!!!

I'm not refined and I'm not deep... I like a keggar and a band and a rowdy crowd and I'm HAPPY boy!!! I admire the "relaxers", but I have the attention span of a gnat (one of my first bosses told me that.)

15. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back from my vegas and san fran trip about 3 weeks ago. I don't like going to vegas in the summer - too hot and May is downright expensive, doesn't look like I will make it out of Honolulu until September or October. But then I'm still getting my markers and cc bills so I gotta pay for them before I can start to save for my next trip.

Today was beautiful on the golf course. Not busy (it is a Hawaiian holiday - prince kuhio day) because the seniors have to pay full price on holidays so they don't play on this day (or good Friday next week). I went out around 7:30 and finished by 10:25. I actually had to wait about 15 minutes for someone to come, they don't allow singles to play by themselves. Temp was about 74 degrees with a 15 mph wind with some gusts up to 25 mph. I'm trying out a new set of irons - nickent 4D's that have lightweight shafts. I hit them fairly well but I'm having a problem because they are so light I don't have a feel around the greens yet (chipping and pitching). Bought them from roots and relics (local golf shop that sells used clubs) for only $50 since I wasn't sure if I should go with the ultralight shafts (55 gms). Seems like a good deal but now I have these other sets that aren't worth much even in trade (callaway x16's stiff shaft and older King Cobra's), maybe I'll donate them to goodwill or the salvation army.

16. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're do-ers not sitters, too. Now we don't consider beach and snorkel time sitting, of course.

17. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where are you staying? This will be our 9th year in a row going.

18. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anybody care to make a case for the Big Island? I've been to Kauai, Oahu a couple times, Molokai, and our usual spot is in the Napili area of Maui, but for some reason I've never felt compelled to do the Big Island. What am I missing?

19. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best coffee. Outstanding snorkeling. The best island for golf. Diversity. Except at a place or two not a lot of the "Disney" of parts of Maui and Oahu. Town life and getaway life. The southernmost winery in America (OK, it's not all that, but there's a golf course right next to it and an active volcano.)

Our order is Kauai ... Big Island .......... Maui ............................ Lanai ........................................................................................................................................................................ Oahu.

(Never been to Molokai.)

20. Topanga

Topanga Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Big Island-Viewing an active lava flow. Charter boats out of Kona to catch Marlin, etc. Cowboy country-Waimea. Touristy area-Waikoloa coast with great golf and beautiful beaches. Laid back sleepy towns-Kohala and Ka'u. Lived here my whole life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.