1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Checking in: How early is too early?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Darreningreenwood, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darreningreenwood

Darreningreenwood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I'll be flying in early on a Sunday morning (like 7:30 am early), and will be staying at Planet Hollywood. In your experience, when is a good time to try and check in to get my room? I'm afraid if I check in too early, they will give me one of the POS rooms that didn't sell on Saturday. Wait too long, and a) I'll have to sit in line for a while (even though I'm platinum) and b) I'll have spent most of the day without unpacking and settling in.

So anyone have thoughts on what the optimum time is to check in on a Sunday? And yes, I'll be doing the $20 trick.

I know early check in fees are a possibility (sometimes applied, sometimes not). We'll go with the assumption I'd like to avoid them. :thumbsdown:

2. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's worked well for my wife and I to check in early and specify what type of room we want. Just leave your baggage with the bell staff and check back in every hour or so. It's amazing how many hotels claim to not have early check in, but will do it anyway if asked nicely.

Bill

3. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of the time those early checkin rooms arent available.

Usually can checkin anyway, then come back later for room key.

This is a big reason I luv rental car. I leave suitcase in trunk, do ck in,
    and retrieve it later when room is ready.
    Of course you can Bell ck your bag, but no need if you have a car.

If they try and hold you to Early check in fee?
    Say, Fine, See ya later, and leave......

4. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET properties will try to charge you the early check in fee. I have had luck early in the morning, sometimes not, either way just leave your just with the bell crew and go start your day off

5. NJS24

NJS24 Voice of Reason

Trips to Las Vegas:
    11am. As someone mentioned, may be charged $20 for early check in. It's worth it, pay it... Move along... Enjoy.

6. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We seem to always arrive in Vegas early, between 9-10am. We have found checking in then when there is no lines is best and we do NOT pay CET a early check in fee but rather leave the bags with the bell hop and get our key much later when our room is ready. I would much rather give the working stiff some tip money then $20+ to CET. At Harrah's if you check in early they don't give you a key until after noon I think unless you want to pay the early check in fee. Hope that helps in your decision.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And, depending on how busy or not busy Sat night is, you might get a room. Probably not, but...

Also, some better rooms that they were saving and were never used MIGHT be available.

Every Sunday will be different, but in general, Sat nights are busy. Check the rate calendar to get an idea. High rates indicate they are busy. Low rates usually indicate they are not.

8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never had a problem getting a good room checking in early but I don't do the very first flight out as much now so I don't know how they are about the fees. If you do decide to check later, you should have access to a Platinum only line that should be shorter. Because of fees, I would probably wait until the check out rush ends.

9. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with this ^. Don't try to out guess the check-in desk. I always check in early since I fly in from the East Coast. I have gotten some of my best rooms on what was supposed to be "busy" weekends. I don't pay early check-in either. If I go to desk around 930am or 1000am and they mention a fee (only happened once at Harrah's) I just walk. Bally's always finds me a room by about 1030am or 1100am at no charge. I have not had problems at Flamingo either. I am staying at LINQ next week and getting in super early so we will see about that one!

10. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sundays are more difficult to check in early since Saturday nights are always so busy and they may not have rooms ready when you arrive. But as said above it doesn't hurt to ask. Checking in Mon-Thur you can almost always check in early. Yeah some will try to charge you an early check-in fee. Since I am almost always slipping them $20 for an upgrade I haven't been charged an early check-in fee.

11. steelcity5044

steelcity5044 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never had any issues with checking in early at any of the CET properties. Most of the times I have stayed at PH, never got asked to pay early check in fee. If the room we requested wasn't ready, they did all the paperwork, we dropped our bags at bell hop and came back later to get a key.

12. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never been charged an early check-in fee by planet hollywood. I've checked in as early as 8am. Not sure if I've been lucky or if it's related to being diamond with them. I've also had checkout as late as 4pm with no charge.

13. vegasfan2010

vegasfan2010 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We arrive between 10:45am and 11:15am.
    Bally's is our place. Lately an early check-in fee is applied each time.

14. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planet Hollywood is where we stay most trips and I can't remember this last time we didn't get a room checking in around noon. The Platinum line at PHO is almost always empty with the regular check in line back to the columns.

Mark

15. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just drop the bags at the bell desk and hit the town. Check in at your leisure later on. The room will be waiting for you.

16. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I almost always arrive in Vegas between 8:00 and 9:00 am. I usually stay at MGM resorts so it might be a little different at CET. I've always been able to go right up and check in... Most times my room isn't ready but they give you the key and call you when the room is ready. I just check my bags and hit the strip, pool, breakfast, ect... There has never been an attempt to charge me for this.

17. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've checked in as early 11 am a few times. Never been charged an early check-in fee, though I almost always arrive in Vegas on a Wednesday or Thurday. At PH, I had a great choice of rooms and got one with a great fountain view. At Flamingo, they only had one room and it was a treck from the elevator. I ended up switching rooms later that night anyways as the room key lock on my door's battery died and they had to move me. At Mirage, I was told they could give me a 3rd floor room right away or I could check my bags and wait a few hours for something with a better view. It was my third time staying at Mirage so I didn't care about the view, I just took the 3rd floor.

18. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always arrive before noon and sometime before 11 and usually stay at PH.

The girl said our host set us up on the 21st floor but if we wanted a room now then it would be on a very low floor number so we opted to wait.

The other trips we would essentially check-in but would have to come back for the room key an hour or so later.

We have yet to be charged an early check-in fee.

19. rebirth

rebirth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would they allow 45 mins early check in?

20. TimWhalen

TimWhalen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see no reason why not. For most people, if you are in the area you might as well see if you can check in. Worst case you check your bags and go adventuring until your room is ready. No harm seeing what's up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.