1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golden Nugget Buffet dress code.

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by TKO, Mar 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKO

TKO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to GN web site and was reading buffet times and pricing. At bottom of page it said gentlemen must wear shirts with sleeves. Is this something they enforce?
    Interesting enough it said nothing about what if anything ladies had to wear other than no bathing suit.
    Faced this same double standard when I was teaching. Guys were expected to wear a shirt and tie while girls could go sleeveless without anything tied around their neck. AND, we had no air conditioning nor windows in the room, just one sliding door to the outside.

2. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm no Alan Alda. But I know when not to whine about double standards. I think we can let ladies have their sleeveless shirts, can't we?

3. tmaas21

tmaas21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wear whatever the hell you want. It's a buffet. They're not gonna say shit about your attire, as long as you're covered up.

4. TKO

TKO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To thecarve. Of course we can. Just don't make me wear one if I choose not to or if I feel uncomfortable doing so.
    By the way, do you know the answer to the question?

5. NJS24

NJS24 Voice of Reason

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wait, you you can't go in shirtless to the Buffet? That's BS, take your business elsewhere... Perhaps a hotdog vendor, or a random dumpster.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  6. TKO

TKO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not going in shirtless. I asked about a shirt with sleeves. I assume they mean long sleeves as opposed to short sleeves which is what I wear in LV during late spring and summer.

7. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think they are trying to avoid men going in with tank-tops.

8. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sorry. No I don't know the answer. I didn't see the question on my first reading of the OP. I thought you were questioning whether it was cool for men and women to be held to different standards w/re: dress codes.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  9. gesbeck

gesbeck Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i'm going to wear a tank top and banana hammock to the buffet next time i'
    m in town fuck em

10. NJS24

NJS24 Voice of Reason

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If applicable, I like to just cover myself with a sheet. This way my already large body has no restrictions, can expand as necessary, and I can comfortably eat my way to death. YOLO

11. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, because men in tank tops + buffet = nasty.

12. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't care whatcha wear, but for God's sake don't try to walk outta there with and apple or a cookie!!! Oh wait... we went down that road already!!!

13. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ate there a couple of years ago for dinner. They let a homeless guy in to eat. I am assuming someone purchased his meal. His clothes were filthy and he stunk like he had rolled around in the sewer and rubbed on body odor cologne. But he had shirt with sleeves so I guess that was okay. We were just finishing our meal when he walked passed the table -- I should have thanked him because we left without dessert.

14. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    350 pound women in tank tops + buffet = scrumptious?

Nick:beer:

15. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't been to GN buffet, however, I know Wynn buffet enforces such rule.

There was a couple in the buffet line in front of me, for the Wynn dinner buffet. The guy was wearing sleeveless t-shirt and the lady at the cashier sold him a Wynn t-shirt saying he cannot go in like that. I think he had to pay an extra $20 for that.

16. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I KNOW the GN has (or at least had) a dress code. Looking over my notes, in July 2001 I committed an attire faux pas at their buffet! Right after paying admission, the hostess informed me, in a tone that could have been a whole lot snootier, but thankfully wasn't, that the Golden Nugget had a dress code. My short pants were fine, but evidently they don't like their male guests wearing tank tops to dinner. (Hey, it was late July and I was doing a lot of walking. Besides, I've been told I look good in tanks.) The Nugget was very accommodating, however. Once I handed over my drivers' license as collateral, they produced the most colorful, flowery, and probably glow-in-the-dark button-down shirt I ever hope to see. That shirt would have even made Don Ho blush! Eating while so adorned was not the most comfortable thing in the world, and I suspect it contributed toward reducing the number of my repeat trips to the chow line. Guess that wasn't such a bad thing after all. Ever since, I wear tanks only when going to the gym, beach, and other more "acceptable" places.

17. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

Short sleeves are fine, it's sleeveless (tank tops, etc) that are the problem.

Cheers,
    Kelly

18. majorminor

majorminor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tank tops are a problem from a "food safety" perspective... Men in tank tops = hairy armpits reaching over uncovered food. Women in tank tops = not so much a problem (at least in the U.S.):rolleyes2:

19. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm so glad modern America has not lost its taste for the righteous and brave fight against evil and tyranny:

Give me a wife-beater or give me death!

:rolleyes2:

20. TKO

TKO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Kelly. That makes sense. I don't wear sleeveless . I take 2 clean short sleeve tops for every day we are there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.