1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Palms Breakfast Buffet changes

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by bluesdude, Mar 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have been to the Palms Breakfast Buffet before and really enjoyed it. We have Pro level players cards so it is very affordable. However, it has changed since we were there last November just before Thanksgiving. We just ate there Saturday morning (3/7) and there was not the selection from a few months ago. A whole section seemed to be missing. I asked one of the servers and he said that the have a new chef. New chef=changes? I am not sure how new, but I say thumbs down on this change. I am not sure if the rest of the buffet has suffered the same down grade but I don't think this is a good change. Anyone have any insight on this?

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  2. majorminor

majorminor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry I don't have any insight on the changes but I have a question for you...

I'm staying there for a few nights in April - how was the quality of the food? Still the same price? I'm not a huge eater (in terms of quanity) but I liked the buffet when I stayed there a few years ago...

Thanks!

3. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quality seemed good. I don't think the price has change for a while. I had an omelet made by the omelet maker. She was ok, very stone faced though. Silly, but we like these little corn nuggets that they make. Please let us know your impressions of the buffet wen you get back.

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  4. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope the Sunday champagne brunch is still good.

5. vsop

vsop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at the lunch buffet back in late Oct.2014....and there was definitely a different selection/offering of food cuisines from my prior visit earlier in the year...there also seemed to be an attempt at "jazzing up" the presentation....hey, this is a buffet, not fine dining....I was not impressed with the changes in the menu or the quality.

6. dhlamar

dhlamar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know when was the last time you were there but they don't offer the deeply discounted price to all card holders anymore, you have to obtain a certain tier to get the discount on the buffet.

7. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been like that for six months now. Used to be a great discount.

8. dhlamar

dhlamar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea I would make it to there buffet at least once a trip but on my las trip I was hit with the full price, it's still a good deal but just not great. With that and the closing of there poker room my days of visiting the Palms might be over.

9. TKO

TKO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone remember the prices for breakfast, lunch, or dinner? Also, is there enough of a menu difference between lunch and dinner to warrant the extra money? Thanks, staying 2 nights early May.

10. rsees

rsees Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would not recommend this buffet at all. Compared to other buffets like Red Rock Green Valley Ranch, Santa Fe...Save your money and stomach and try one of these...

11. TKO

TKO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying 2 nights on comps so not really worth spreading play out and using up the time to go to suggested buffets. Thanks anyway.

12. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those are also farther to get to. We're staying at the Gold Coast.

13. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just had champagne brunch at the Palms on Sunday. The recent bad reviews had me nervous, but I had nothing to worry about. The buffet was the same as it was in the past, including the small dessert selection, but we just filled up more on the hot delicious meats, pastas, and potatoes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.