1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas How do refunds work?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by herder, Mar 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herder

herder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First time I noticed Mirage having both Sun-Thur and Weekend bonus rooms available. I am planning a trip in June and both the Fri-Sat are available along with the Sunday. My question is I am not 100% sure on the dates but should I get the rewards now? Can I refund them and get my points back? I know they keep changing there rewards and was thinking they might remove them at anytime.

Since I want to use one weekend and one weekday do I have to add an extra day in between? So Friday and Sunday or could I do Saturday and Sunday?

Also if I can refund them and I do, does it still count to my 3 rewards for 90 days.

Thanks

2. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You cannot get a refund once you've made your reservation with the reward.

3. herder

herder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about if I don't book the rooms. Just claim the rewards and wait and see

4. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The rooms do sell out, so you probably wouldn't want to wait too long. Especially on a weekend.

5. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hit the refund button and see if it instantly refunds. I refunded a buffet and it went back in instantly. If that doesn't work email the help desk.

6. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can do that but as miniwhale said rooms do sell out. Even the current posted calendar dates are not always available by the time you call to make the reservation. So there would really be no difference in you getting the rewards now or closer to the rewards as either way it will rely on whether the dates you want/need are still available.

7. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you refund them (assuming you didn't book and cancel) it doesn't count against your 3 in 30 days. But if you book and cancel it WILL count against your 3 in 30 days limit.

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone, love this website. I purchased a couple single ride Monorail passes, which I did not use and am trying to get them cancelled and points refunded, but there is no refund/cancel button when I open them up. Are they non refundable? They don't expire for another 2 months, but I don't anticipate going to Vegas any time soon.

9. bigpatpunisher

bigpatpunisher Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    support.myvegas.com

You'll need to contact MyVegas and create a request with your redemption codes. It takes a couple days for the LP's to get refunded. Refunds are done this way if they're not self cancelling.

10. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Watch your LP total. I submitted a support ticket and never got a response (figured I would), but they were refunded within a couple of days. I figured they would have closed the ticket and simply said refunded or something.

11. Cheryl

Cheryl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, thanks, I will contact support.:thumbsup:

12. Cheryl

Cheryl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow, that was fast. I emailed them at 9 am and rec'd email back at 10:30 points have been refunded.

:beer:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.