1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What's your favorite thing to get when ordering hotel room service?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by ardee, Mar 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Skip this thread if you're not a fan of in-room dining when in Vegas.

I mean food and drink and not the "Girls To Your Room" type room service.That's for another thread. :wink2:

Last visit, we shared a nice turkey club and some house-made potato chips with onion dip.
    We were staying at Palazzo.

A big breakfast at Encore's Society Cafe made us feel stuffed for most of the day but by the time we got back to the room that evening
    we were craving some late-night grub. A bucket of Dos Equis lagers rounded it off for the win.

I noticed that V/P recently updated their 24 hr. in-room dining menu, so we might try
    a little something next visit.

What about you?

2. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me, it's French onion soup.

3. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At home, I'm not a big breakfast eater.
    However while on vacation it is usually a must do.
    And ordering a room service omelet or a stack of pancakes is a guilty pleasure, especially when it's one of those sluggish mornings.

Anniversary Trip
  4. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The one and only time I've ordered room service was at MGM...... it was horrible... I had a pizza (terrible) and a turkey club ( how did they manage to screw up a turkey club... I'm not sure how, but they did it)

But the next day I ordered from wolfgang pucks, ran down and got it myself to bring back to the room. That was as good as it was in the restaurant. Truffled chips and a burger..... I would definitely do this again before I order roomservice at MGM.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, I've never ordered room service in my life. I'm 62 and have been staying at hotels for 40 years.

6. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In-room breakfast rocks when there is an early tee time. Plus you get those cool little bottles of Tabasco.

7. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Male half of ardee here. The Country Breakfast from Wynncore room service rocks! Eggs, sausage, grits, biscuits & gravy, the works. And made from recipes written by someone with an idea of what Southern cooking is.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I were to do room service, it would be for breakfast so a good omelet would be my choice.

9. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In-room breakfast DOES indeed rock!!! I like a big glass of OJ a ham & cheese omelet OR biscuits and gravy (depending on how I feel) and crispy bacon sides (a couple of them). Whole thing is probably $40+ and well worth every penny. Hard Rock does a really good job of getting it to the room steaming hot, which is important to me. I don't really care how long it takes, I just hate luke-warm food. Since I usually order around 7 a.m. I get it pretty fast, as most of the rest of the hotel is just coming home then.

10. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll hop on the in-room breakfast kicks ass bandwagon. I usually go sweet and savory - some flapjacks or french toast, whatever kind of breakfast potato is on the menu, bacon and/or sausage and some over easy eggs. If I'm not in the mood for sweet, the aforementioned southern breakfast at Wynncore hits the spot.

Oh, and the large carafe of coffee. Especially when it's football season or a good b'ball game or early NASCAR race is on. Sit around all morning in my undies, drinking coffee and watching sports...other than gambling and booze, it's probably the most constant of my Vegas routines.

11. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a good chill, carve.

Back when Terri was getting her MBA we were still doing a lot of Vegas. She really loved the trips when we'd get a suite at the JW Marriott and she'd hunker down for a few days to kick and read what she wanted to read and sleep and watch movies and order roomie. It was a great recharge/decompress for her.

And we love the service early in Hawaii, with the surf roaring and the sun hitting the Pacific, brewed Kona, fresh produce and fruit, juice, baked goods, often a nice fish array. Mmmmmmm.

Oh, no, wait, it's just as nice in the mountains.

12. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When it's Vegas, it's breakfast. A yummy omelet with "all the bacon in the kitchen" is a standard hangover order.

Dan and I have a hotel we like to stay at on the Oregon Coast. Their restaurant is nice, but the view from our room is so much nicer. I love to get a big seafood dinner sent up to the room. Then we throw open the sliding door and drag the table over next to and and enjoy our version of dinner on the beach. It's heavenly.

Although, once I think I ate the turkey club at the same hotel gpenquins did. I still have no idea how they managed to deliver some combo of bread, bacon and turkey and still none of it was edible.

13. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chicken fingers with blue cheese and honey mustard and seasoned fries.

Always hits the spot about 2 am after a long night at the tables.

14. alexb7

alexb7 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Grilled cheese with a coke or burger with some beer. Sometimes French onion soup too.

15. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buffalo wings with ranch. Good stuff.

16. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I'm a fan of room service breakfast too the rare times I have the freedom to do it. I like the traditional stuff like a big cheesy omelet, rye toast, a huge serving of potatoes, sausage links. Maybe some oatmeal if I need to get the system in order. If the hotel has Asian breakfast options I love Nasi Goreng topped with a fried egg.

But more often my room service orders are late night grub. Usually a big burger and fries. But one of my favorites was in Vegas at the Mirage, I ordered nachos. All the parts of the nachos came in separate bowls which was good but the amounts were so obscene. How often in life does someone bring you massive bowls of cheese, beef, salsa, sour cream, etc? I just sat there looking at the spread and was damn proud to be an American.

17. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great minds think alike, carve.

We'll be sitting around, enjoying our room in the morning this trip.
    Gonna try out the new breakfast offerings on the Venetian/Palazzo menu and just have a good time.

Gambling and booze. Sounds like a plan.

Might bet on the World Series this trip.

Won $400 on the Red Sox back in 2004. Who'd a thunk it? Hubby bleeds Dodger Blue. I'm from the Boston area, so think what you will. :beer:

Ah, Vegas.

18. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got some late night grub from MGM on my last trip. Had a cheeseburger and wings with bleu cheese and it was damn good. In my drunken state it was well worth the $40 or so.

19. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Breakfast fan here. Have had great ones at Cosmo and Ballys.

20. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :beer:

Leave Sheldon a few bucks for me to take in a few weeks!

Not sure I've had V/P room service breakfast. Look forward to giving it a go.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.