1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn Tower Upgrade jumped $50 a night

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by johnvic, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been fantasizing/planning a Wynncore stay and possibly upgrading to the Tower Suites. Looking at an air/hotel package it was $1343 for a 5 night Resort King in June, $1637 with the Tower Suite upgrade for Encore. That was last week and over the weekend. How could I resist but wanted to think about it! Today it is the same for the Resort King but $1914 with the upgrade. That's over $50 a night more. I'm bummed and pissed that I procrastinated.

Is it worth calling the Wynn? I do have a copy of an email from last Thursday when I got an answer from Wynn about the details of the Tower Suite, so it shows that I was looking just hadn't pulled the trigger. The email does not discuss price but maybe they'll allow the upgrade for last week's price? I'm not a High Roller but stayed in November and looking to treat myself to a nice upgrade.

2. dickie98

dickie98 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never hurts to ask. Another way to approach it, but you'd be rolling the dice (huehuehue), is try to get the upgrade on check-in. Sometimes they will have those available for a nominal fee if occupancy is lower (i.e., mid week). The last time, I upgraded from a tower room to a parlor suite for $125/nt, totally worth it as the room was 3x the size. Also was $25/nt cheaper than the instant upgrade option they emailed me with after I initially booked my room ($150 +tax)

3. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No chance. But good luck.

4. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! Kicking myself but I'll probably do the upgrade even if they won't give me a break.

5. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My parents stayed there last week.. they were offered several paid upgrades. Yea they were like $125 a night or something...

Hmm tower suites seem interesting.. if you would use the amenities. not sure I'd wanna pay for it though.

6. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked the my stay. I did air and hotel with the Tower Suites upgrade plus the $200 dining credit for $1685. At the end of the day it all worked out. I was checking various options every day. In fact last night it was cheapest to book separately. But not the package with the dining credit was best.

I'm done rethinking it and just happy to book it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.