1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Should I book this offer from MGM for Jan of 2016

Discussion in 'Comps' started by vwhiten, Mar 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I are pretty low rollers - I rarely get comps - a night here and there, but I do get some great rates. I check M-life pretty regularly. I have an offer that is only good through today for MGM. The rates are good from now until Jan 31, 2016. No free night but it covers Jan 21-26 in a Grand King. 3 nights are $34 and the 2 weekend nights are $64 and $74 total is right around $240 without the resort fee - so still a great deal. And a $50 resort credit on top. -- Low rollers here. I usually get a free night every quarter from MGM and I do plan on playing over there on the next trip. But I am thinking even with a comp night it may still cost more - especially over the weekend.

The husband is set on these dates so I know we will be going - he found out that the specialty military "boys club" he belongs to gets into the Shot Show -- big yawner for me though.

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only reason not to book it would be if the first night deposit would be an issue. Room + resort fee + tax.

If it's a publicly available offer code you're talking about, you don't even have to call to cancel, you can do it online and get your deposit back if you get a better offer.

3. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Deposit would not be an issue. It was in my mlife offers - my husband had the same one but his rates are double what mine are. I get better MGM offers and he gets better Luxor offers. I can either book through the VIP line or on-line. I guess I just hate thinking that far in advance. We prefer the MGM over the Luxor - mainly for the Monorail and location. Guess I will call the VIP line and make sure it is refundable -- Kind of strange that this offer expires today - I checked 2 days ago and this offer wasn't there.

4. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would book it since you are already planning on those dates. Keep following the offers; if something sweeter comes up, just call the VIP people and ask to change offers. My experience with calling has been good; not sure how everyone else feels about it...I called 4 times based on newer offers for the Aria and each call resulted in a lower rate and/or more resort credit.

5. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great. I am going to book it. I did the same thing with a Bellagio offer in December, calling for a better offer after I had booked. I should have taken the much cheaper offer for a room for $88 a night - that was cheaper than was listed on the mlife offer. I didn't take it because I wanted a fountain view room and they couldn't guarantee me that. I paid about $125 a night for my room -- It was nice but I really spent so little time looking out the window - or even in the room for that matter.

6. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I called today and booked - exactly the rates on the internet. The $50 resort credit. Grand King Room. Early check in - if available - for $20. Total with tax and resort fee$423 and some odd cents + I did not have to leave any kind of deposit and total held on room at check in is $300 for the stay. I will probably have enough AMEX points for $200 MGM gift card - for a little measly low roller I am excited. Hopefully I will get an offer before January to upgrade to the Executive King Suite. - I learned that these rooms are closer to the elevator banks instead of walking a couple of football field lengths to get to the other rooms -- This is the first time I have had 2 trips booked in advance.

Still hoping Southwest will lower their fares a little - beginning to think that their CEO is named Ben Dover. -- forgot what movie that was from - but I think it was a Chevy Chase movie.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are over complicating this. If you like an offer, book it. Unless you get a non-refundable, you can always change or cancel. Same with most hotels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.