1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Las Vegas/Death Valley tour?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by hawki39, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawki39

hawki39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone taken a trip to Death Valley either by tour bus or self driving?

2. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been three times. It's a short enough drive and I would recommend driving. The park has a few hours you can drive through, and there is parking at many places to get out for a bit, or perhaps take a longer hike. The temps are typically 10-15 degrees warmer than Vegas in the day. You'll definitely want to check out Badwater, Dante's View and Zabriskie Point. I like checking out the ghost town (Rhyolite) on the way back. Give yourself about 90 minutes each way, and at least 3-4 hours in the park to make it worthwhile. Definitely bring extra water and make sure your car is in good shape if you are headed there in the summer. I've been there when it was 121, and dry or not was an incredible heat and one I couldn't do much in beyond short stretches.

3. hawki39

hawki39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you. I saw a show on TV and did a search. I posed the question to my wife; renting a car and visiting. :thumbsdown: I figured I could deal with the heat...(former firefighter). :) I am a sucker for seeing unique places.

4. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you've been to vegas a couple times and are looking for something different, I would recommend death valley, I'ts a long trip though , 4 hours there and back, dante's view(a mile above the floor looking down at the whole valley) was my favorite, but you must first be down in the valley to appreciate it., If you go in the summer, it's boiling hot(120), no air or water and you'll die. be prepared.

5. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went in April, loved it. I want to take a trip there to see the night sky, but from the car, do not wanna see snakes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.