1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New Employment Drug Test (Harrah's)

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by tdrizzzle, Mar 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tdrizzzle

tdrizzzle Newbie

I just received a job offer from Harrahs and my question is if they do a urine test or a hair test? I can pass a urine test, can NOT pass a hair test. If anyone is an employee at Harrahs or knows someone that is, or even any other Caesars hotel, and could tell me what kind of test they were given it would be of great help. They said they will do a drug test and a background check (which i will pass). Thank you

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dumb guy here...what does a hair check show and how long does it last for the effect of whatever it is you are/were taking to be gone?

3. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hair test can trace substances for months,,Urine test a matter of days/weeks..
    Good luck TDrizzle What's the job ?

4. NativeSoCal

NativeSoCal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What if you just shave your whole body clean?

5. tdrizzzle

tdrizzzle Newbie

Thank you. and its for a Lifeguard position

6. tdrizzzle

tdrizzzle Newbie

Well if it were to be a hair test, I believe the minimum requirement is 1 and 1/2 inches of hair. If that cant be supplied then im pretty sure you cant get the position

7. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty sure it is hair.

9. imamelfan1

imamelfan1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I Used to administer hair drug tests as part of the HR department. There are several factors that go into the "reading" of a drug test. Minimal traces of certain drugs in your hair test may not necessarily bar you from employment. They will test the 1 1/2 inches closest to your scalp which will indicate recent drug use. The lower the reading the better. Of course, this is just my experience. Harrah's may have a different policy.

10. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Friend A wanted to hire friend B, we both knew that B was a pot smoker. A researched on line and found a shampoo that worked to hide the markers or whatever . B was hired and has worked at least 10 years now.

Being a lifeguard is a little different that "B" customer service position. Not making any value judgements, well I guess I am in a way be safe.

TomTWI

11. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny drug test story. I got hit with a random at work, I was preparing for a beach vacation and drinking two gallons of water a day trying to shed a few pounds. I failed the test because of excessive water in the sample. They called me the day before I was leaving for Jamaica gave me the news and told me I had to retest. The HR lady said "I know you are leaving for Jamaica tomorrow, so if you just want to do your retest after you return that is fine." HAHA, I said no, I am on my way I will gladly take it today and not the day after I get back from Jamaica!

12. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Marijuana is stored in your fat cells and can be present in a urine sample for up to 90 days. Pot is the gift that keeps on giving. Methamphetemines clear urine in less than a day. Which is why a lot of meth heads do not test positive on urine drug tests. The gold standard of drug tests is the hair sample. My employer does not hire smokers/dippers/chewers etc, and they mega charge you on health insurance premiums if you do smoke The smokers were grandfathered in a few years ago and there is a lot of pressure for them to quit. . They have a nicotine urine test too and were told that nicotine can appear in urine for up to 14 days - They snagged several of those who claimed to be non smokers to get the cheaper premium.

13. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very good move! On our first trip to Jamaica I was offered free weed as we were leaving airport by someone about to go in. He just remembered he had it on him! I thought man I love this place!

TomTWI

14. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah we always laugh, everyone is always trying to give it away when they leave the resort. I don't know the ins and outs of weed, but there was a guy we met at a resort last year that said the stuff he pays $1200 for in the states he buys for about $100 in JA! Needless to say he was always happy when we saw him out and about.

15. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I worked for CET they tested my hair.

16. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I envoy you. I always thought about taking a summer off and just doing something like that in vegas. Was it easy getting the job? Did you go to one of those massive all day interviews?

17. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple years ago I had to undergo a hair test to work in a thrift bread store for $8.15 an hour.

18. wesraft

wesraft High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't wait for that glorious, triumphant parade down Times Square, celebrating our victory in The War on Drugs!:rolleyes2:

19. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder what they would do with someone like me. I keep my hair in a crew cut, and for it to grow 1 and a half inches would take at least 6 or more months.

20. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The hair doesn't always have to come from the head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.