1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What day of the week do you like to arrive?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by katmu, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katmu

katmu Well-Known Member

I'm just wondering what day of the week most VMB'ers prefer to have as their arrival day, and why? Do you like the energy of arriving on a Friday or are you more of a mid-week person to try to avoid the club crowd?

For my next trip, I'm trying to decide if arriving Friday evening would be better than Saturday morning. It's going to need to be a fairly short trip at 3 nights due to work commitments and trying to save up vacation days for a trip to Japan in the next 12 months.

2. momnkid

momnkid Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really like to come in on a Thursday if possible. Feels like the whole city is gearing up for the weekend. When we came in on the actual weekend, it felt congested because I didn't have time to "settle in".

Full disclosure - my annual trip in April is a business trip so ANY DAY is the BEST DAY to arrive!

3. NativeSoCal

NativeSoCal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since we make several trips a year, our visits are mostly 2 or 3 nights.

For the longest time, we would always do Thursday (or Friday) thru Sunday.

It's good to get some of the weekend excitement, mixed in with some more quiet weekdays.

Lately however, we've been doing Saturday thru Tuesday (or Monday)
    For a couple of reasons....

The airport is MUCH less of a hassle when going home Monday or Tuesday, rather than Sunday night.
    Mondays and Tuesdays seem to be much quieter than Thursday and Fridays, which are almost as crazy as weekends themselves.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We arrive on Friday mornings, out on Tuesdays. That avoids missing either golf or bowling leagues on Wed & Thurs, depending on the season. Nothing to do with clubbing.

5. Thor

Thor Beer Drinker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sunday - wednesday/thursday...i'm not a fan of crowds and like the laid back aspect of early in the week

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like comin' in on a Wednesday and leaving on a Saturday. That way I have a couple weekdays to conduct my business, but the fun of a Vegas Friday night too.

7. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we lived So Cal-close and Terri had alternate Fridays off, we'd go up after work on Th and return on Sunday, typically late because no good thing happens on the s/b15 between 11 am or so and 7 pm. We later started staying over Sunday and just leaving at oh-dark-30 on Monday morn. If we were retired I could see Su-Th gigs because we'd then not be burning so much vacay time on Vegas. I'm still on that similar cycle, but I head out way early on Th given the drive, bust out Sunday morn, and Terri can fly over on Friday afternoon on Holegiant Air.

8. NativeSoCal

NativeSoCal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL

That right there is the main reason we have flown to Vegas, rather than drive, in the past 15 years.

Oh, and the fact that driving requires one to be sober for 3, 4, 5 hours or more......and who wants to do that?? :beer:

9. vivasincity

vivasincity Newbie

Wednesday would be the ultimate day to arrive since the room rates will be cheaper. If you're staying for 3 nights after arriving on Wed. then you can beat the airport crowd on Sunday by leaving on Saturday. However, if you don't have this option and must choose between Friday and Saturday, it would be better to arrive on Saturday if you are more prone to avoid crowds. BTW, I'm glad you'll be going to Paris. I was there for a week in June of 2012 after going to my sister's wedding in the Ukraine. There is so much to see and do that it's overwhelming. Have fun...

10. Char1

Char1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any day to arrive in Vegas is a good day. If I have to pick I prefer Sunday Am check in Thursday pm or Friday am check out.

11. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like to come in on Sunday but it's not a great day for airfare. I have been coming in on Saturdays not only for cheaper airfare and the rare not completely full plane but also because that saves a vacation day at work.

12. Reefer

Reefer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We enjoy our Sunday - Friday stays. Perhaps it's just because we are older now and avoid the weekends. We try to arrive early Sunday and fly out late afternoon Friday's to gain a little extra time there.

13. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always go Sunday through Wednesday.
    Arrive as early as possible Sunday to get in a full day (get an extra 3 hours that day).
    Leave as early as possible Wednesday to get home before its too late in the night (lose 3 hours this day).

14. Crambone

Crambone Gnaeus Pompey Magnus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Leave work at noon Thursday, check in by 5pm. Drive home Monday unless it's a Holiday, then I'd drive home Tuesday.

15. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Almost all of my trips are Thursday to Monday.

16. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We prefer to arrive on Monday/Tuesday and leave on Thursday/Friday. Really like the shorter lines, lower table limits, open machines etc. The past couple trips we've had to go the weekend for one reason or another and really didn't like it. Another reason is because we drive and like Ken said earlier, the 15 is no fun when a majority of Vegas travelers decide to hop on it at the same time.

17. zNaturaL

zNaturaL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stay Thursday - Mon/Tues usually

18. Sweetvibes

Sweetvibes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 This is exactly my thoughts!!

19. VPDana

VPDana High-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    For many, many trips we went early Wednesday and returned on a Tuesday evening flight (6 nights). The reason for this was that Southwest fares are cheaper on Tuesdays & Wednesdays, and one of their sales usually got us a very good price for non-stop. Well, Southwest doesn't seem to be putting any good prices out there lately, so we decided to try Frontier. Even with their add-ons for seats and bags, they were less than half of what we would have paid for Southwest. They only have non-stop flights out of St. Louis on Tuesdays, so our next trip will be Tuesday to Tuesday (7 nights), giving us an extra evening in LV.

20. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The past three trips I have arrived on a Tues and left on Friday. This trip I am coming in on a Sunday and leaving Friday. I would love to be there on a weekend but the cost for room is just more than I will pay typically on the weekends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.