1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

? For The Mlifers . . .

Discussion in 'Comps' started by VegasGroove, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    . . . . say you have 5 days in Vegas, you are 31K TCs from Gold - what gets you to your goal of Gold? Slots? Tables? Meal purchases? Show ticket purchases? All of the above?

Is it possible to do in 5 days without playing with Clark Griswold abandon?

Thanks!

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Too many variables.

Your budget? Your normal games? Your normal TCs earned in 5 days?

3. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto what shifter said. I was 120,000 TCs from Platinum last year and tried to make it all in one trip.

Made Platinum, and it cost me about $1,000

I am purely a slots player, and could have "bought my way" into Platinum for $4250. When I was down $7k, that would have seemed like a good deal.

You are at Pearl level, you can "buy your way in" for approximately $1100, but you'd need to make sure that your purchases would count.

EDIT. Didn't read the T&C at mLife closely enough. You can only "buy your way in" with "Hotel Accommodations, Dining, Entertainment, and Spa".

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  4. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, shifter and DaiLun!

I was curious and hadn't thought my way through all variables. What you've posted is quite helpful!

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    though it is nice to be Plat, keep in mind that comps and offers are tied to theo, not hotel points, etc.

6. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll get 25 tier credits per $1 of hotel, dining, spa, etc...anything you charge to you room. So definitely do that. Otherwise, I'd recommend gambling normally as Gold doesn't really get you much. Gold status doesn't matter when it comes to you offers, only coin-in and theo.

7. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    An easy way to calculate how much bankroll you'll need to get there with your gambling game of choice is to back in from your hotel spend. If you're buying a room, take that entire amount and multiply is by 25 (25 TC per dollar, as bjpcyclone correctly noted above). Any dinners or spa treatments charged to your room? Add it all up and subtract that amount from 31,000 ... and you see how far you have to go. With five days of hotel, I'm going to guess you could get there fairly quickly.

8. reverted

reverted Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How did you make 120k TC with $1000?

9. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe he posted elsewhere and alluded above that he plays slots exclusively and was getting his teeth kicked in but hit a nice jackpot towards the end to recover all but $1k.

10. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to everyone! All this info is very helpful. I don't plan to chase Gold, just see how I progress. I am new to establishing with another membership other than Boyd and long-ago with CET.

dannyocean: I will use this method, thanks!

11. abrolsma

abrolsma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone else see "for the MILFers?".

12. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My DW made gold last year and it helped us with (wait for it)---NOTHING!!! That is not meant as sarcastic,hopefully funny. But it really did not make any difference in our offers except Bellagio went from 2 free nts. to rooms starting from 99$. So I would not try to chase a level, play as you normally would and if it happens, it happens. We are however trying to keep platinum @ CET but through their credit card and only making normal purchases.

13. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes :)

14. Hiero

Hiero Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'd have to spend $1240 to get that from purchases alone. So: upgrade your room, buy some show tickets, and eat some nice meals. Plus go shopping. By far the cheapest and fastest way to get 31k TC is to buy something worth $1240. Not only will you get the item that you bought, but you'll get that 31k TC, too.

If you want 31k TC from gambling, then: five hours a day of $100 blackjack, 2 hours a day of max-bet $1 video poker (aka $5 per spin), OR one hour a day of $3-per-spin slots.

Or do all of the above. Pay $99/night to upgrade your room to a suite. Buy two show tickets, at $95, for you and your wife. Take your wife out for a nice meal and get a bottle of wine. Eat at the buffet or cafe once a day. Play one hour (one measly hour!) of $25 blackjack each day. YOU'RE DONE.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.