1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golden Gate/ Four Queens or The D

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by IWannaBeInVegas, Mar 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spending one night downtown before moving to the strip, 630pm arrival on a Sunday night. I am booked at Golden Gate 21/night plus resort fee. I was thinking about the D or Four Queens, both again inexpensive. Mainly just needing a bed and shower for the night. Is Golden Gate suitable?

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you just need a bed and a shower, all of those you mentioned are fine.
    Only caution if you end up with a room facing Fremont and go to bed early, noise can be an issue. Both 4Q and GG.

3. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Joe. I am not sure how early I will go to bed that night, I will have been up since 2am EST when I get there since I work 4am-12p, then my flight leaves at 515. Unless I get some zzz on the plane, I maybe dead to the world fairly quickly. I just plan on getting there, getting bite at PizzaRock and then taking in the free entertainment on Fremont St, take some photos and then shower and bed.

4. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ask for a 4th floor room, away from Fremont.

Annual Spring Trip!
  5. liteman

liteman Old Timer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dollar for dollar, I like the 4 Queens. When you factor in the resort fee at GG and the fact that the room is really small, I go with the queens. Just ast for south tower.

6. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the tip. I looked it up and they were $30 with no resort fee so I booked it and canceled Golden Gate. Actually Expedia had them for $30 and I called the hotel directly and they matched the rate for me.

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure you'll be quite satisfied. As mentioned above, get a south tower room.

8. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I asked about it and she told me it would be an additional charge. Maybe upon check in they will move me there, we shall see. I had read the Golden Gate reviews and it kinda had me worried so I was debating on another property. The no resort fee thing really made me happy.

Oh, and Expedia and dropped the price of Golden Gate for the day I was booked, but even with the decrease, the resort fee would have made the cost a bit more. The cost was not an issue but its more of a statement about the fee.

9. Sipsey

Sipsey Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed at 4Q a couple of times. The rooms are small, but clean and functional. A bit worn, but for just a place to sleep and clean up for one night, should work fine.
    If you do end up in the South Tower, you might get a view of the faraway strip. I could see The STRAT tower on one trip. Used to be you could open the windows. Which I did when I had a smoking room and was still smoking cigars.

10. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm surprised about additional charge. I book 4Q several times a year for my brother and he always wants me to get the south tower. I never had a fee charged but when I book for him, it's always my room comp.

11. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want quiet, go one more step - ask for south tower, south facing. North facing rooms in the south tower face the FSE and still get a fair amount of stage noise. Been a few years since we've stayed there, but I'm with Joe - they really want to charge extra for the south tower? Other than quieter, the rooms are nothing special.

12. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She quoted me 10 more dollars for the south tower, said those were the deluxe rooms. I will try upon checkin, but for me it won't be worth doing the $20 trick since its only $10 more.

13. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of those three, the D would have the "nicest" rooms. The GG rooms would be the smallest and 4Q's the largest. All are perfectly fine rooms. If you want a quiet night sleep, ask for a 4Q rear tower room facing away from the FSE or a D room (on a high floor) facing east. A D room facing west, or a south tower 4Q room will have stage noise late into the night.

14. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully its adequate for the one night I am staying. I intend on requesting a "quite" room.

15. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I spoke with 4 queens just this week asking questions...and North tower rooms are all the "standard" rooms, and South tower are the "deluxe" I always ask for South Tower, high floor, over looking freemont...and have been given it every time for the most part...once was facing the D. I think its worth the extra 10 bucks for the deluxe rooms.

16. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed there in January and originally was give a standard room in the North(?) Tower. Because my bathroom was apparently haunted (the toilet flushed itself throughout the night and I swear to god the faucet also came on just long enough to wash ones hands) I asked to be moved and was given a room in the South Tower, and she made a point to waive the upcharge. It had definitely been refurbished more recently and was a bit larger and fresher. My view was of a parking structure but it was quiet.
    [​IMG]. North tower room
    I'm going back soon on an offer and this time I requested the South Tower which was noted with no mention of an additional charge. I also booked a standard room for my son and I expect he will be in the north tower.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  17. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the D, ask for an odd numbered room. Those face away from FSE.

18. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have always stayed at 4 queens...south tower facing fremont street...but have always requested 17th floor or higher...the noise is not bad..but its still there and I think enjoyable. like a low volume on a radio or something...never had trouble going to sleep with it...and at home I have silence...(maybe alcohol plays a role in it at vegas...lol)

19. Canary54

Canary54 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know that a high floor, east-facing room at the D would ensure greater quiet. I spent several nights a the D in early March.....23rd floor, east-facing room. From somewhere off Fremont East.......FREAKING (American) Indian flute music played on a loud speaker for what seemed like hours!! I don't usually retire so early in Vegas, but I had been up since 5AM east coast tme. At 2:00 a.m. I finally dug through my suitcase and found some ear plugs that took care of the problem. The music was haunting and lovely..........but not when I was trying to sleep!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.