1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Where do you put stuff at the pool?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by robron, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robron

robron Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After nine trips to Vegas I still have never been to the pool. I am hoping that this year we are going to actually make it there. My question is where do you put your money, room key, book, etc. when you are at the pool. Do you just give the waitress wet money for tips if you get a drink? I have never charged anything to the room before either (I know I live in a cave too!) can you charge tips to your room? Do you just leave your room keys and stuff laying on your chair?

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, pretty much all of that. At the Flamingo we couldn't get a lounger so we gave some girl a beer to put our bags under hers. Usually everywhere else we just stash a bag under ours. Wet money is just fine, no worries there. The room key is just plastic so I just keep in my pocket w my ID.

3. MUFC

MUFC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I'm round the pool I keep my money in my pocket the whole time. The waitresses don't seem to mind soggy dollars :evillaugh

4. woodsie

woodsie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Charge stuff to your room so the only things you really need are an id and the key. Don't worry about phone or tablet, enjoy the sun and water and scenery.

6. RayDay

RayDay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @woodsie - Have you put this in your shorts pocket yourself? Can it stay submerged in water for a long time? This is intriguing...

7. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a flip flop or sandals person so I have plenty of room in a deck shoe or running shoe for my stuff.

The stupid thing I do is that I have to bring my iPhone because I have more than 1800 classic rock tunes on there and I can't stand the music they play at the pool.

I bring a pair of 20's in my book for the CW's. I'm always generous in tipping the girls at the pool because they are mostly cute and I'm a sucker for tanned, shapely legs.

8. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, exactly. I took a phone to the pool once only because our room wasn't ready and we were waiting on the text. My buddy mistaking grabbed my towel which I had the phone wrapped in to protect from the 104 plus temps and he flung it to the bottom of the Flamingo pool. Amazingly enough I dove in and grabbed it, dried it out and it worked for another year before I upgraded it. Not worth the risk of taking electronics, especially to a party pool.

9. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I am walking around a pool, I'll put my electronics etc in small plastic ziplock sandwich bags. For extra protection, you can double bag them.

10. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can also request a locker in your cabana or have the assigned staff hold it.

Bill

11. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know the flamingo has lockers you can rent right next to the bathrooms for like .50 cents or 1.00, bring extra because every time you open the locker you need to pay again to lock it. The key is on a little elastic/cloth band that fits nicely around your list. Not sure which other pools offer lockers but am assuming most do.

I can tell you that on more than 1 occasion I was at the flamingo pool when they were closing and people were looking for there stuff that was either stolen or lost in a drunken daze

12. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

I have a twist lock, plastic, hollow cylinder thing made for swimming.
    It wraps around your neck or wrist.
    I put $$$ in it.......room cards or credit cards don't fit.
    What ever I bring to the pool.......I keep it in my sight while swimming.

13. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I like to go down to the pool traveling light as well. I don't take my phone, just my room key, some cash, and ID in a ziplock bag that I keep in a zippered or velcro pocket in my swimming shorts. I swim with it and everything stays dry.

If you want to take a bag and you are worried you can buy something like a Pacsafe. But you can also just take your normal bag and clip the strap around the leg of a lounge chair or something so no one can just easily pick it up and walk away. If you're worried about someone opening it either use a combination luggage lock or even simpler just tie the zipper pulls with a twist tie. Keep some twist ties in your bags because they come in handy.

14. robron

robron Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the replies. I don't know why I never thought of the ziplock idea. I think I will just try that, I don't plan on taking a whole bunch of stuff anyway maybe a book and if someone takes that they need it more than me anyway I guess.

15. OhioStateAlum

OhioStateAlum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would avoid taking electronics unless you absolutely need them. As suggested, you can keep all your cash and cards in a ziploc bag in your pocket. Keeping your phone in the room will afford you some peace of mind as well.

16. NativeSoCal

NativeSoCal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the pocket of my swim trunks, I keep my ID, room key, cash.
    Water does not affect these at all.

I charge almost everything to the room, yes, you can even put tips on there.

If I bring my phone, it slips into a shoe, or wrapped in a t-shirt placed on lounge chair while I'm in the pool. Nobody messes with it.

Wifey brings a carry bag for her phone, books/magazines, lotions, and whatever.
    Again, placed under a shirt or towel or whatever when in pool, it's always been safe.

17. phade

phade Keeping tabs on LV while not there...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do the same with my women.

(joking)

18. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm to the point where I put my room key, a few singles and chapstick in the brim of my ugly big floppy hat. I don't even bring my phone anymore, it gets too hot even under the chair. My husband knows where to find me if he needs me. Everybody else can wait.

19. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

If you are going in the water a lot, expect some water to go into the zip lock bag. My friend uses these all of the time for this, but the purpose is just to keep things together, not dry.

The link someone provided above to something on amazon will be much better than a zip lock bag if you require it to be water proof.

20. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use this brand of case at the beach all the time. Never had a problem. Just make sure noting is in the way of the gasket when you seal it.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.