1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Confirm/Deny: Boyd 7x points no longer capped at 10k base?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by TIMSPEED2, Mar 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't seen that exclusion lately on any of the fine print on point mulilpiters...
    It USED to be, that only the first 10k base points could be multiplied by 7x (video poker), in essence, making it worthless to play after 10k points...
    However, if they've taken that cap off, that's HUGE! I can actually make Emerald in a year and get $1750 in cash-back doing it!

Can anyone confirm or Deny? (ZignerLV?)

2. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tim - can you clarify the value of points and 7x points? And when is the 7x multiplier available?

3. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $1 = 1 point. x7 = $1 = 7 points.
    6 points is worth 1c of comps.
    It varies when it's available... also, if you're 50+ you get more "perks" at Boyd...(unfortunately {or fortunately}, I got a LOOOOONG way to go)

4. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok - let me ask it in another way.

Right now, Boyd offers multipliers based on tier. It's either 1x, 2x, or 3x.

How often do they offer a multiplier above those levels (for players under age 50)?

Thanks

5. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just don't go overboard on the Suncoast $5 Bonus Poker Deluxe machines on 7X days or you will receive the infamous Suncoast Boot, which can have your account frozen for multipliers across all Boyd properties.

Das Boot Part 1
    Das Boot Part 2

[youtube]7Qn3tel9FWU[/youtube]

6. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I remember when that happened to Bob..of course, he is well known, AND he was playing $ denom (which I only intend on playing 25c MAYBE 50c)

Again, can anyone confirm the cap is still in place? (Although, I don't expect anyone on this forum to play $10k coin-in, in 1 day at any Boyd property)

7. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry I can't answer your question, as they just started the multipliers downtown. However, I know at minimum Royal Flusher, Joe and I cycle through $10k + per day at The California or MSS, and likely several other posters, so someone should be able to help.

8. TKO

TKO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tim, I can't find anything written on the 7x points. Could you tell me where you found this out? Also you said 50+ gets you more "perks" at Boyd. I've been playing at the downtown Boyd properties for a number of years now and I fall into that category but don't know of any perks for that. Could you be specific please. I know the Four Queens has the 55+ card good for reduction on eats but Queens is not a Boyd property.
    Does anyone else know of any senior " Downtown Perks" as wife and I will be returning end of April. Thanks.

9. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's usually on the mailer they send out...
    And sorry, downtown Boyd doesn't give anything for "Young At Heart" (Try Sams, or SunCoast)

10. TKO

TKO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you Tim. Just made Emerald last fall. From the East so we only get out to LV once or twice a year. Quite possible 7x points is only offered to more frequent players.
    Might take the shuttle to Sams this trip as it's been a few years.

11. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats! Emerald is no easy task if you're only taking 1 or 2 trips per year ($250k coin-in)
    I'm curious..if you're that heavy of a player; then I assume you have a "Gold Card" @ Downtown Boyd?

12. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally missed any fine print on the 7X multiplier I played at on my last trip. I didn't get anywhere near 10k to care though.

It's a good deal with the Sams Town 9/7 DB prog. that starts at $1500 (100.14%+prog. and earns full points).

Looks like Sam's is doing "Young at Heart" for everyone this month.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  13. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do you guys get status on a 25 cent machine? I seem to need $1 machines with multi-play to get anywhere.

Regarding Sam's town, I see they have $1 9/5 JOB with a progressive payout on a royal. Anyone know what the progressive payout is now?

14. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FWIW: I just got the latest mailer...yes, point multipliers are still capped at 10k base points... :(

15. TKO

TKO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tim, wish I could blame this on being color blind but I'm not. Big difference between that BLUE card I moved up to and that GREEN card I'll never see! (Still happy though.) Now I 've got my gem stones straight thanks to you. And thank-you for the cordial manner you asked.

16. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately limiting multipliers to the first $10k coin at most Boyd properties is the new "normal". (Strangely Suncoast is often an exception, but as others have mentioned, they are known to blacklist those who play a lot on multiplier days. Many times on the offers it says "see Bconnected booth for details" instead of stating the 10k limit right upfront. Once you see the booth, they tell you about the limit. I suppose there might be a couple of offers that might have no limit, but I have not seen one this year. Put it this way, unless the offer says that there is a limit higher than $10k coin in, its best to assume that $10k is the limit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.